Eaton Corporation Senior Quality Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Senior Quality Engineer within the Power Systems Division, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin at the Lincoln Avenue facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer will lead continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing in support of the Eaton Quality System (EQMS) and the Eaton Business System (EBS). They are responsible for providing support and Quality Leadership for supplier, process, and customer quality.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· Responsible for managing customer complaints related to the facility and for tracking, monitoring and initiating Customer Corrective Action.
· Lead cross functional teams in problem solving and issue analysis in an effort to address either customer or production related issues.
· Responsible for supporting production manufacturing with problem solving, process improvements and resolution to manufacturability issues. Directly supervises quality technicians and inspectors.
· Directly supports ISO 9001 quality system and supports the implementation and management of the site quality system and procedures.
· Subject matter expert responsible to identify gaps at the plant level and execute improvement activity. Execute or facilitate all aspects of APQP and Part Approval and sign-off for both suppliers and customers, manage revisions of process control documents such as PFMEAs, Control Plans and other quality tools to ensure compliance.
· Works with suppliers to initiate and close Corrective Actions and to ensure that root causes have been properly identified and eliminated.
· Ability to lead and conduct Supplier Assessments to qualify potential new suppliers or evaluate existing suppliers. Works with the Supply Chain organization to develop new suppliers as appropriate.
· Reviews supplier PPAP submissions including control plans and assists with control plan creation where necessary. Ensures all appropriate Special Characteristics are included, that reaction plans are adequate and customer approval is obtained where necessary.
· Assists suppliers with statistical analysis and process capability (Cpk, Ppk) where necessary to improve performance or product quality.
· Works with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established parts and communicated to suppliers.
· Responsible for developing and leading routine risk assessment activity on all new products and with changes that affect existing product.
· Works in partnership with engineering to support all development projects and milestones related to Quality and improve the overall process to achieve zero defect quality and launch readiness.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing with 1 year in a Quality role
· Ability to work in the US without company sponsorship
· No relocation - must reside within 50 miles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.