Eaton Corporation Tendering/Application Engineer in Wadeville, South Africa
· Low Voltage Switchgear application and product selection (essential for accurate project estimation).
· Project specification interpretation and quotation preparation, in-house (Estimation/Tendering).
· Assist Panel Builders with projects design and engineering.
· Application of relevant IEC Standards in Low Voltage Assemblies.
· Use Eaton design tools for preparation of techno-commercial offers.
· Manage the quotation process from enquiry logging, estimation, quotation generation and logging and ensuring timely delivery of the quotation to the customers
· Establish an understanding of the project specification and interpretation of the specification requirement in line with the IEC standards and practices to generate the most cost effective, complete and comprehensive quotation for the application.
· Explain the quotation to the Sales Engineers and provide support in the negotiation phases
· Advise Panel Builders to develop technically compliant designs and drawings that are safe, reliable and in line with the customers/project specification and the quotation to achieve the required low voltage scheme for the application.
· Support Panel Builders with interpretation and execution of project design drawings and all the relevant xEnergy building assembly instructions literature/drawings and documentation to assemble the xEnergy, fabricate the copper and fit and wire all devices in accordance with Eaton’s instructions and quality control procedures.
· Support Panel Builders with quality assurance during inspection and testing of the assembled products in line with Eaton’s quality procedures, to conduct the Verification of pieces in accordance with the IEC61439-1 standard (Routine Tests) to ensure that the equipment delivered by the licensed Panel Builder are of high quality, safe and reliable.
· National Diploma and or a four (4) year degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of two (2) years prior experience in Low Voltage Switchgear Assemblies, Power distribution, Industrial control automation product applications. General knowledge of IEC/SANS standards for low voltage assemblies, and relationship building skills, sales and negotiation capabilities are the essential prerequisite to this position.
· Ability to device a techno-commercial offer/pricing of low voltage engineered systems and solutions for Motor Control Centre (MCC), Main Distribution Boards (MDB) and functional circuits such DOL’s, VSD’s, Soft Starters and PLC Control Panels.
· Design and implementation of electrical circuits (including testing and commissioning) according to customer/project specifications.
· Ability to use AutoCAD for the design of General Arrangement (GA), Single Line Diagram (SLD) and Schematic drawings.
· General understanding of Quality Management Systems (QMS) incorporation quality assurance and production systems and processes.
· Understanding and or experience in general procurement processes including liaison with customers and suppliers.
· Ability to adapt conversional and or first principle design methods in to software based configuration tools such as xEnergy configuration and xSpider Dimensioning tools.
· General knowledge of Commercial Terms and project costing skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.