Eaton Corporation Software Engineer (V&V) in India
Eaton India Innovation Center has an opening for an Software Engineer (V&V). Software Engineer is responsible for validating complex systems comprised of software and hardware products. The position involves developing and executing test cases, as well as providing feedback on product quality throughout the product lifecycle. You will work closely with both the Software Quality Assurance team and the design engineering teams developing products. Join a team focused on customer satisfaction through quality products while providing an exciting and dynamic work environment.
· Understand and follow Agile Scrum practices.
· Test Management
o Participates in the creation of the test plans
o Create test strategy
o Develop test cases
o Develop test scripts for automated regression testing
o Produce test reports
o Use defect tracking tools
o Planning, scheduling and executing validation activities of software and firmware to include estimating testing efforts and providing status updates
o Setup test environment
o Conduct functional tests, including exploratory tests, black-box tests, acceptance tests, load tests, security tests, installation tests and upgrade tests on embedded systems/software, Windows and Web applications
· Quality Mentoring
o Reviews Test Coverage
o Analyzes, reviews and assesses user requirements, specifications, and models for testability
o Provides input into evaluation and enhancement for software validation processes and methodologies.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/IT
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/IT
• 4+ years’ experience in verification & validation for Web/PC based applications.
• Experience writing clear and concise bug reports, test plans, and test cases.
• Sound Knowledge and experience with process frameworks (CMMI, Agile, SCRUM) including requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
• Experience working with global teams and driving the projects for high customer satisfaction.
• A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Work independently to tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
• ISTQB or IIST certification is a plus.
• Experience with SmartBear Test Complete is a plus.
• Experience with ALM application like SmartBear ALM Complete is a plus.
• Experience in object-oriented programming, preferably Java or C# is a plus.
• Experience in project management to include time estimation, time management, scheduling and reporting is a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.