Eaton Corporation Standardization Engineer in Czech Republic
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With almost 100 employees we are a vibrant engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East, & Africa.
Eaton European Innovation Center has an opening for an
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Standardization Engineer establishes seats in national and international wiring regulation standardization committees and working groups with a focus on low voltage installation regulation for residential, light commercial and industrial applications. Develops, contributes and enhances state of the art protection concepts and becomes an expert for wiring regulations and protection measures.
· Represents EATON’s interests in standardization through active participation in national (e.g. Czech, Austrian, German) and international (IEC) standardization committees for installation and wiring regulation
· Collaborates with engineering, product management & marketing, segment marketing and sales organization
· Improves electrical safety and protection concepts
· Develops concepts for technical guidelines
· Writes and edit technical documents to communicate innovation internally and externally
· Creates innovative perspectives to support Sales through Codes & Standards activities
· Support market launch initiatives and updates CSOs in latest Codes & Standards requirements
· Provides training for protection concepts and wiring regulation updates internally and externally
· Stays current with emerging technologies and regulatory trends
· Bachelor or Master Degree in electrical, mechanical or related engineering discipline
· Experience working within Codes and Standards organization
· Understanding of electrical protection and system/enclosure market (industrial & residential), e.g. Miniature Circuit breaker, Molded Case Circuit breaker)
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Willingness to actively participate and contribute to national (Czech, Austria, Germany) and international standardization
· Comfortable with technical discussions and decision-making by consensus
· Experience in working within Standardization is a plus
· Very strong communication and presentation skills in English and in German
· Works independently as well as effectively in cross-functional team environment, has a high team spirit and commitment to the job.
· Confident working with confidential information
· Position requires up to 20% travel domestic and international.
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague).
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.