Eaton Corporation Internal Logistics Supervisor in Czech Republic
Eaton’s Vehicle Products Portfolio includes manual and automated truck transmissions and clutches, hybrid powertrain systems, drivetrain, suspension, wheel-end and safety systems, anti-lock braking and traction control systems and vehicle diagnostics as well as air, transmission, and fuel management controls, automotive fluid connectors, engine air management systems, including superchargers, cylinder head modules, engine valves and lifters and limited-slip and locking differentials.
Eaton Industries in Chomutov our vehicle division has an opening for a:
Internal Logistics Supervisor
Location: /Chomutov, Czech Republic/
An important part of Eaton Vehicle Group is represented by the production plant in Chomutov, where the Air-conditioning lines are produced, liquid, suction and discharge lines between pump and heat exchanger. Furthermore there are produced also power steering lines. There are around 600 employees in the company. The company runs in 3 shifts pattern, unusually also 24/7 shift pattern on some production lines. Eaton Chomutov is one of the most important employers in the North Bohemian Region
· Plans, develops, and manages material replenishment.
· Possesses and applies in-depth knowledge of total management of the internal and external material flow. Responsibility for lean internal material flow (including CI process in that area)
· Ensure proper storage and on time supply of direct material to production in full compliance with existing processes/procedures/rules in terms of safety, quality and work standards and promote a CI culture deployment.
· Manage the replenishment cycle for bought in parts.
· Manages monthly reporting of ERP HC, cycle counting results, inventory results WIP.
· Collaborates with other Eaton functional groups (e.g. IT & Finance) to ensure internal material processes are regularly audited and SOX compliant.
· Control of accurate booking in and stock records, including consignment stock or any other method of stocking, in line with ERP system
· Responsible for the management of transaction issues with the inventory base.
· Supervising all direct reports, setting goals (SMART), evaluating monthly performance (for variable wage calculation) and ensuring procedures are followed (discipline) to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction in line with company business systems.
· To perform a competency evaluation of direct reports based on functional competence requirements and to ensure all direct reports are adequately trained, cross trained to encourage personal development and flexibility. All training and development to be reflected in the personal records and training matrix.
· To ensure to have standard work for all direct reports and maintaining changes when needed, including Leader Standard Work.
· To administer the cycle counting system in line with the site policy, manage annual inventory stock-count, direct responsibility for leading annual stock count and reporting the results and pare to analyses, implement corrective action.
· To provide necessary cover in line with customer holiday periods.
· To organize the department labor in order to ensure continuous support to the production – coverage of week-end shifts and vacation period in line with plant production schedule.
· Responsibility for deploying CI framework processes – std.work, visual management, process checks and LSW as a minimum requirement – in the reporting organization. Implement and sustain 5S+ culture and promote/execute lean workshops (Kaizen, RIE..) to improve working processes removing wastes.
· Responsibility for doing regular process check, safety gembas, observation. Implement all actions to timely correct findings.
· Actively manage all EHS and MESH requirements, to be champion at least of one MESH category.
· Responsibility for monthly, yearly department costs in order to meet budget requirement.
· Being active in deploying the Eaton Business System.
· 3-5 years of experience in managing warehouse and internal material flow or a related field.
· Previous supervisory and international management experience is a plus.
· Understanding of Quality processes and QS/ISO TS 16949, ISO 14001, Lean methodology and knowledge a plus.
· Project Management Skills Required.
· Sound knowledge of purchasing, international & domestic transportation, warehousing and distribution practices.
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
What Eaton offers:
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.