Eaton Corporation SCM Total Cost Out Program Manager in Torino, Italy
The SCM Total Cost Out (TCO) Program Manager will be responsible for leading cost out projects for EAM Products (Valve train Core, Advanced, Boosting). The scope of responsibilities includes ensuring the TCO projects meet all deliverables for timing, cost out and quality with alignment to the divisional VAVE engineering teams.
· Act as SCM program manager for TCO / VAVE projects and as primary interface for the VAVE team with Program Management, Product Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Operations, Finance and Quality functions. Responsible for SCM-related cost out project-scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, and cost commitments.
· Execute project leadership for all TCO / VAVE ideas and projects. Seek team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coach and provide feedback to individuals in accordance with performance indicators.
· Determine key SCM and material planning program deliverables and timing based on engineering change release (ECR/ECO) processes and advanced product quality planning (APQP) disciplines, including sourcing and flawless launch/ramp-up performance. Provide direction to the SCM / VAVE leadership team in areas of issues, potential changes in scope, and risk assessment.
· Manage the complete BOM for the TCO / VAVE projects to ensure accuracy of content and that a robust sourcing and launch plan exists for each part. Follow up with respective engineers to ensure design specifications are complete and released on-time to support SCM actions. Collaborate with Commodity Buyers, SDE, SQE and Materials Planners to ensure SCM actions are executed on-time with high efficiency.
· Align project-related deliverables with customer and supplier requirements/contracts, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization.
· Where applicable, initiate and/or participate in sourcing council reviews supporting TCO / VAVE program/project source selection, while maintaining consistency with commodity strategies.
· Support development of TCO / VAVE project workload resource requirements needed for sustained and effective project execution and portfolio management.
· Participate on cross-functional teams for TCO / VAVE and change management process improvement initiatives.
· Ensure standard program management processes are utilized as PM subject matter expert and provide appropriate support to the TCO / VAVE cost out project teams by coordinating PM reviews, and preparing and publishing metrics/reports for assigned projects (e.g. cost, timeline, and delivery through all project phases).
· Coordinate all risks and requirements of the project into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, and integrating all project deliverables and measuring each element to ensure the requirements and goals are achieved. Provide updates to the business units as well as divisional- and group-level teams.
Bachelor's degree in supply chain, engineering or business discipline with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing-based business.
Minimum of 3 years of experience with program/project management tools and techniques – including continuous improvement, problem solving, and business process improvements.
Knowledge of, and ability to apply, purchasing and program management best practices. These include project planning, supplier selection, APQP, performance metrics/reporting, quality assurance, and continuous process improvement methodologies.
Experience in using quality tools/methodologies (PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing).
Knowledge of automotive industry-specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949).
Knowledge of, and ability to appropriately apply, analytical and problem-solving skills including problem-solving, supplier sourcing, and statistical analysis tools.
Ability to define problems, eliminate root cause(s), and create supply chain solutions and/or process improvements.
Effective people/interpersonal, negotiation, communication and customer-care skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and specifications.
Proficient computer/systems knowledge and application skills (Oracle, Enovia, MS Office Suite).
Proven ability to think and act strategically.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.