Eaton Corporation Product Strategy Manager Worldwide - Engine Air Management Advanced Valvetrain in Torino, Italy
Eaton’s Vehicle Group and its Engine Air Management organization has an opening for a:
Product Strategy Manager - Worldwide
Location: Turin, Vehicle Group EMEA HQ
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Under the direct supervision of the Advanced VT Product Director, the Product Strategy Manager (PSM) is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Advanced VT product line strategic direction, which includes, but is not limited to, gathering intimate market and customer knowledge and influencing the technology roadmap, developing product strategy and product marketing plans, as well as initiating customer programs that consider pricing, revenue growth, profitability, design, and customer satisfaction.
To accomplish this, the PSM must focus on developing value propositions and establishing relationships with new customers in all regions. The Product Strategy Manager will also contribute to the overall integration of plans for the optimal manufacturing foot print based on the product and technology roadmaps and strategic direction.
The PSM provides the necessary inputs regarding market demand and opportunity for growth in order to give the appropriate guidance to Operations and all other relevant Regional and Global functions for development of the strategic investment plan.
The PSM will contribute to make or buy analysis (and when appropriate lead) and will orchestrate the investment strategy, along with regular evaluation and integration of any strategic acquisitions or partnerships.
Your key deliverables :
For each element of the product portfolio:
Develops a robust product strategy that includes an explicit understanding of current / future targets for market share, competitive positioning, product function, pricing and standard profits.
Supports the strategic planning process and develops the appropriate sales forecast for the annual business plans (Profit Plan, Strategic Plan), including a “strawman forecast” for future programs.
Develops and deploys comprehensive pricing strategies which are market driven, based on value provided and the competitive landscape. The pricing strategies, which will include an analytical approach, must support Eaton’s financial performance targets.
Develops and deploys a targeted business pursuit plan.
Relentlessly monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to senior management as appropriate.
Takes a lead role in building consensus of a product technology road map which effectively translates customer needs into a portfolio of products. Shared responsibility of commercializing new products through focused R&D investments.
Manages prioritization of new programs, resolving conflicts between multiple customer programs.
Support the Regional quotation and SPC process when appropriate, by supporting regional Sales and partnering with the Advanced VT Pricing Manager.
Assists in the development of the capital asset utilization plan. This will include supporting outsourcing initiatives, and developing partners to achieve financial and operational performance metrics.
Interfaces daily with sales, engineering, operations, and pricing with frequent interactions with customers and suppliers.
Assures internal and external customer satisfaction. Provides thorough business case analysis and ensures accuracy of reporting.
Complies with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
• BS in Engineering, Business or other approved field. MBA or equivalent Masters Program preferred.
• 10 years of experience in Leadership Roles in Sales, Product Engineering, Program Management or operations, such in plants or SCM.
• Preferred 5 years in Sales or direct commercial experience
• Preferred experience in multiple functions mentioned above
• Required to interact with customer, operations, engineering, supply chain, sales and marketing personnel in a dynamic growth business, in multiple international cultures
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills. A leader and strong ability to maintain people accountable to the commitments and follow up
• Financial skills (familiar with P&L, cost estimating, pricing)
• Broad commercial experience, Market/customer awareness
• Strong technical knowledge – engineering design, manufacturing, product application and quality. Ability to convert customer needs into product features
• Demonstrated competency through experiences in business planning, strategic planning, financial analysis
• Demonstrated competence on Pricing for Value and Total Cost Ownership areas
• Demonstrated competence in managing a highly matrixed organization.
• Professional competency and personal integrity
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.