Eaton Corporation IT Infrastructure Support in Torino, Italy
Eaton is looking for an IT Infrastructure Support for Bosconero Plant.
The primary function of this position is to provide client infrastructure (PC, Laptop, PC/Laptop Peripheral, Mobile Device, Printers) support with minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer. Customers include all of Eaton’s internal IT users within a specific geographic Zone. This includes monitoring Incident and Request queues and meeting defined SLAs for Incident and Request resolution.
Additional responsibilities, also performed with minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer, include the following:
• Provide “smart hands” and eyes support for other infrastructure located outside of the Data Centers on behalf of the Infrastructure SME teams.
• PC Lifecycle Management, including Provisioning, Asset Management and Disposal. May also assist with disposal of other infrastructure assets.
• Site IT DR Plan and Site Profile annual refresh, bi-annual table-top walkthrough of IT DR Plans for Category 2 Sites, and participation in site BCM Workshops for sites within the geographic Zone.
A. Participation in IT initiatives that require site-level coordination, communication and/or A. Deployment, configuration and 2nd/3rd level support of mobile devices, printers, PC/laptop hardware, PC/laptop operating system and standard productivity software for internal IT users at locations within a geographic Zone.
B. Follow standard ITSM processes of Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Project Management to serve internal IT users and drive high performance against operational metrics.
C. Share information about best practices with internal IT users to increase user satisfaction and productivity.
D. PC Lifecycle Management, including Provisioning, Asset Management and Disposal. May also assist with disposal of other IT assets.
E. Site IT DR Plan and Site Profile annual refresh, bi-annual table-top walkthrough of IT DR Plans for Category 2 Sites, and participation in site BCM Workshops for sites within the geographic Zone.
F. Participate in application, infrastructure, security and OpEx initiatives and support activities as needed related to site infrastructure that requires physical on-site presence, interaction with site personnel and/or expertise about site-based IT systems.
G. Provide “smart hands” and eyes support for other infrastructure located outside of the Data Centers on behalf of the Infrastructure SME teams.
H. Assist with support of various site-based IT systems that are not supported by Enterprise IT teams. This varies widely from site to site.
I. Particpate as part of a team related to trouble-shooting and resolution of larger IT System issues. May also participate in efforts related to Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management.
J. Indentify opportunities for process and technology improvement
K. Liaison between IT and internal IT users to drive IT standards and assist with resolving serious IT infrastructure issues.
L. Participate in internal audits related to IT processes, procedures and systems.
M. Influence IT budgeting, forecasting and spending for SIS and Site IT budgets.implementation.
Intermediate Level Knowledge of the following:
• Microsoft Operating Systems
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Endpoint Devices – PC, Laptop, Mobile Devices, PC Peripherals
• Other IT Infrastructure (working knowledge) – network, servers, storage, phone systems
• Miscellaenous Equipment used in manufacturing locations such as bar code scanners, specialized printers, industrial PCs, RF Scanners, etc.
• Customer Service
• Use of ticketing system and meeting Service Level Agreements
• IT Service Management - Asset Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Change Management
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements:
• Associate Degree in business or technology (preferred) or High School Diploma plus 2 years IT experience
• ITIL, MCSA, or comparable certification preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.