Eaton Corporation Senior HR Generalist in Slough, United Kingdom
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Senior HR Generalist you will provide comprehensive HR support to management and employees within the UK Country Sales organisation with specific responsibility for day to day HR support on the Slough site. Work in conjunction with the HR Manager to find opportunities to solve business problems through broad and up-to-date knowledge of employment law, organisational behaviour, change management, best practices and company policy.
Please note this is temp contract position for maternity leave coverage (12 month)
Your key deliverables :
· Provide advice and guidance to leaders on employment and employee relations issues including company policies and procedures, terms of employment and employment legislation, ensuring fair and ethical management actions at all times. Identify and clarify problems; evaluate potential solutions; implement selected solutions; coach and counsel managers and employees.
· Be an active change agent, focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures providing direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
· Play a key role in supporting the development and training of leaders of people and employees, particularly focusing on development of emerging and high potential employees. Identify training needs and skills gaps and deliver training programs and support performance improvement plans.
· In conjunction with the Talent acquisition team and as determined by the HR Manager, deploy the company recruitment and selection process, including raising requisitions in the online system, advertising on Eaton jobs and supporting hiring managers in the interview process ensuring high potential candidates are selected using Eaton Leadership Model competency based questions.
· Work with managers and the Compensation and Benefits team to manage employee compensation, job descriptions, annual merit reviews, incentive plans and employee benefits ensuring fairness, consistency and equity in line with our compensation philosophy.
· Ensure the payroll amendments are administered accurately and on time and liaise appropriately with the payroll department and employees. Ensure the HRMS system is maintained fully accurately and that regular audits are implemented and work with the HR Services team to process administration.
· Ability to work autonomously
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Sound knowledge of UK employment legislation
· Organisational skills – managing administration/systems/workload effectively
· High degree of confidentiality, reliability, discretion, quality and professionalism
· Degree in an HR or Business Related Discipline
· CIPD Qualified
· Compensation and Benefit experience
· Knowledge of apprenticeship levy and hiring process
· Attention to detail
· Knowledge of HR systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, HRMS)
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.