Eaton Corporation Materials Supervisor in Shawnee, Oklahoma
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Materials Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, OK location.
The Materials Planning Supervisor is responsible for directing and controlling the flow of materials into the plant, maintaining the balance between lowering inventory turns and avoiding production interruptions. In this role, you will manage the production schedule for assigned areas, analyze and ensure that the proper procurement methods are being used to maximize material availability while minimizing inventory and supply chain cost.
· Direct Materials Planning team to ensure objectives, are achieved; such as material availability, inventory levels, etc.
· Determine materials requirements needed to meet production schedules, inventory levels, and shipment demands to achieve on-time performance and inventory management requirements.
· Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth flow of materials, and monitor business trends and economic cycles in order to anticipate change in order flow from customers and material availability from suppliers.
· Analyze and evaluate inventory and delivery problems and recommend and/or implement solutions to optimize inventory levels.
· Evaluate work performance of the group annually, or as required, in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
· Devise methods and policies to ensure the most economical movement of materials in/out of plant to achieve cost-effective logistics practices. Tools include Lean and Kanban.
· Ensure utilization of proper procurement methods across the plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
Minimum three (3) years of experience in supply chain, operations or supervision in a manufacturing environment is required
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Experience working in complex supply chain with high-mix / low-volume product lines
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
Master’s degree in supply chain management preferred
Certified in Production and Inventory Control
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.