Eaton Corporation Senior Power Electronics Engineer in Roztoky, Czech Republic
Eaton's European Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
As a Senior Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for simulations, designing, developing and testing of power circuits, focused mostly on the power chips, its assembly and technology, gate drivers and sensor interfaces. You will be a member of the global Power Electronics Center of Excellence and will report to the Power Electronics Team Leader.
First days and months:
• Work on power electronics design and development activities
• Analyze data and information to improve/optimize the design to meet requirements factoring in performance, size, costs, manufacturability, and reliability
• Perform modeling, simulation and design of power electronics circuits including detail chip behavior, thermal features, gate drivers
• Collaborates with power electronics, mechanical, thermal, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the design
• Builds and works with test circuits
What can you expect from us?
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureau typical for corporate environment.
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others.
• Annual bonus, multisport card, cycling and sport friendly environment.
We would like you to have:
• Master´s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of related engineering experience at the chip level
• Experience in circuit modeling and simulation with tools such as Matlab, Spice moreover with Silvaco or Ansys
• Strong understanding of circuit theory and signal integrity, containing power electronics circuits
• Significant experience with modeling and analysis of thermal and electromagnetic fields inside semiconductor structures for further power circuits development and testing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.