Eaton Corporation Continuous Improvement Manager in Rivarolo, Italy
Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a:
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The candidate is responsible for working with site Continuous Improvement Managers and Plant Managers to implement the Industrial Sector CI strategy through tools such as CI Roadmap, EBS Pull, Value Stream Mapping etc. to drive CI cultural change. In addition to that, the person who will cover this role is responsible for Building organizational excellence and mentoring to ensure appropriate skills and knowledge are developed in the region.
Your key deliverables :
• Provide functional management of the CI personnel on all aspects related to the CI
• Lead monthly 1 to 1 reviews with all plant CI managers, ensuring action plans are in place to fully deploy CI so the plant can achieve its metrics and targets
• Work with plant CI managers and Financial Controllers to analyze and identify gaps to Profit Plan Cost Out targets, organizing bootcamps and Rapid Improvement, inviting the appropriate people to close the gaps.
• Lead monthly CI Council made up of divisional and plant representatives to identify and create regional standards to be deployed into the plants
• Conduct ELSS reviews/Process checks to ensure plants are maintaining their standards and action plans are in place to move to the next level in line with CI Roadmap.
• Conduct CIF reviews/Process checks to ensure plants are maintaining their standards and action plans are in place to move to the next level in line with CI Roadmap.
• Support/Lead as required kaizen and international kaizen events within the region to drive continuous improvement. Review all RIE area profiles before event, ensuring the RIE is properly scoped, correct resource is being utilized and attend report out call ensuring the outcome meets/exceeds expectations and all appropriate updates have been completed.
• Track kaizens in the region, creating reports for senior management on the status of kaizens and savings.
• Able to identify problem solving tools & methods, including statistics, combined with the ability to select and apply them to make data based decisions to sustain higher levels of process or product quality.
• identify applicable Lean tools in the given business environment and deploying them in an appropriate manner through training and Kaizen events to address gaps.
Best Practice :
• Lead monthly CI call, providing requirements/information to the CI community and allowing representatives to showcase their Best/Transferable practices
• Identify Best Practices from plants in the region to share on the quarterly transferable practices call with other regions.
• Actively participate in regional council, identifying best practices which can be mandated by the council as a standard for the region.
• Actively participate in VG CI council, identifying best practices which can be mandated by the council as a standard for the sector.
• Conduct Process checks to ensure plants are maintaining the VG EMEA standards set by the CI Council and where there are gaps develop action plan with Plant CI Lead to bridge the gap.
Build Organisational Competency:
• Participate in the selection of plant CI Managers/Coordinators and provide informal mentoring to assist in building organisational capability in this position and provide key input for succession planning.
• Ongoing mentoring, evaluation, training and development of plant CI Managers, Coordinators, tool champions and experts.
• Set up and hold monthly 1 to 1 reviews with CI leadership from each plant to review and update CI Roadmap, kaizen tracker and plant CI tracker, ensuring plants are on target with CI metrics, actions, cost savings, kaizens and regular CI council meetings are updating the plant CI tracker.
• Work with plants to identify potential candidates for Lean certification. Send out invitations and pre-course work requirements. Support lead trainer during the 2 week process, providing training to candidates on appropriate modules. Coaching and mentoring candidates to ensure they complete 2 RIE's, scoring their test papers and holding a governance meeting with them, all within 12 months of the initial training.
• Review/Assess standard competencies for ELSS/CI practitioners.
• Lead and support FLL training.
• Calibrate plants OpA self-assessments when requested to ensure they are following the criteria and can demonstrate adherence to criteria.
• Act as regional examiner when requested to validate an OpA.
• Divisional resource for EBE assessments.
• Support plants during their EBS pull process to ensure they identify stretch projects.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
• Solid experience in Continuous Improvement and has held various assignments within Operations
• Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement methods, system thinking and daily manufacturing management, strategic management and project management.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing methodology and roadmaps. Lean certification required.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative. Must be comfortable with statistics and other mathematical concepts; has the ability to use Software tools like PowerPoint, Excel
• Strong Leadership style
• Strong interpersonal and planning skills with proven ability to lead change through both direct and indirect (influencing) abilities
• Position requires excellent communications & networking skills & the ability to lead & motivate indirect reports in a matrix organization.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.