Eaton Corporation Analyst.- Accounts Payable in Pune, India
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
This is a senior accounting analyst role on global shared services team supporting the Accounts Payable work stream within the financial shared services and the systems that support these processes. This position is responsible for functional production support of these processes and systems. This position is supporting an evolving global group of internal customers. This role provides an excellent learning opportunity with a broad geographic and business scope as we are growing towards a global organization. The ideal candidate is an energetic critical thinker, highly analytical, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results within Eaton’s global financial shared services environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Production Support analyst
Trouble shoots escalated Account Payable issues from the front line customer support process team as needed to resolve issues.
Work with and be the liaison between IT production support and the functional process teams.
Evaluate and trouble shoot global issues within KOFAX MarkView.
Advise customers of system on complex accounting related questions to ensure accounting issues are resolved to enable accurate financial reporting.
As needed, prepare analysis for division and corporate senior management, including ad hoc reporting and metric analysis to allow action on key metrics
To be able to effectively analyze processes for opportunities for improvement and to stay compliant.
Recognize and implement process improvements and cost out initiatives as needed.
Facilitate training opportunities within customer support team regarding customer service and proper usage of support tools and processes, i.e. MarkViewQualifications
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
Demonstrated experience with Oracle R12 and MarkView along with strong MS Office skills
Financial accounting systems experience in Accounts Payable and/or General Ledger
Knowledge of GAAP and other relevant accounting/auditing requirements
Knowledge of Sarbane’s Oxley (SOX) 404 and 302 internal controls
Proven problem solving and communication skills in English, both oral and written
Strong customer service orientation
Knowledge of SQL*Plus (ad hoc query software) a plus
Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
• Position requires a high level of analytical skills in order to meet the ad hoc demand for information on a daily basis. Most of this position is unplanned, non-routine work that requires a good accountant with analytical skills and a good understanding of all of the Accounts Payable processes to perform efficiently and effectively in the role.
• Position requires a good understanding of the technical aspects of the systems used and supported. This includes identifying issues, troubleshooting, and actively participating in the resolution of system issues.
• Will have interaction with numerous members of senior management including executive management, regional vice presidents, country controllers, shared service center vice presidents, etc.
• Must have an understanding of strategic initiatives and be able to gather data to support strategic decisions.
• Needs to utilize technical tools to gather information for analysis.
• Must maintain professionalism when interacting with internal departments and software vendors.
• Must have good time management skills.
• Must be highly motivated, highly analytical and a self-starter.
• Must be able to mentor other team members.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.