Eaton Corporation Graduate Leadership Development Program - Software Engineer in Prague, Czech Republic
Do you like embedded systems programming in C/C++ and/or scripting languages?
Would you like to be part of the team developing solutions for industrial communications, automation& control?
Are you looking for a modern, multinational and friendly environment?
My name is Andrea, engineering manager Electronics and for my team in Prague I am looking for talented engineering minds to join Eaton trainee program for engineering graduates - Engineering Technology Leadership Program.
It is a two-year program with one-year rotations in different growth technology areas and business groups. The participant will get valuable hands-on experience in design and development engineering as well as leadership training, personal coaching, and networking with senior leaders.
What's the project about?
As your first year in the trainee program, your part will be developing enhancements of Eaton well established technology platform for Intelligent industrial modules, Smartwire DT (SWD). Currently, SWD allows for modules configuration and process data transmission. It can move data by using cyclic and acyclic transfer in a Master-Slave topology. However, to even more extend platform capabilities towards intelligent modules, SWD system has to be programmed for bulk data transfer. Similarly, modules such as sensors or actuators that are connected to the bus, have to be able to store and process this data.
There is a set of various engineering SW& HW tools for SWD system wiring, commissioning and testing. One of the most important ones is the software tool SWD Assist used by Application engineers for SWD project configuration and initialization. Your goal will be consisting of three parts:
Modify standard SWD bus coordinator (embedded device) for handling the received payload and redirecting it to the correct target device.
Develop command tool (PC) that will provide commands for the bus coordinator and API for SWD Assist.
On the module level (Microcontroller based) , develop Data receiver for handling the received payload and loading it into the specified device memory.
First days and months (per division/project): are we able to provide for each role ?
• Learn about Smartwire, DT (SWD) technology, it's topology, engineering tools and how it is built
• Work on "Tunnel for SWD" project
• Ramp up on from day 1, start taking end to end project responsibility (technical part)
• Have daily support from our colleagues in Prague and Bonn (Germany)
What will be your areas of expertize?
• Designing, programming, and testing of SW& FW tools for Eaton automation system Smartwire DT
• Identifying, analyzing and addressing domain problems from the fields of automated and autonomous systems, and industrial automation
• Creating engineering documentation
• Work on a project powered by Agile development methodology
The ideal candidate should:
• Have Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering discipline, or related, from an accredited university.
• Know C/C++ programming
• Have understanding of software development and computer/microcontrollers programming
• Be Creative thinker and detail oriented
• Be Self-starter with strong inner motivation and passion for programming/ electronics design
• Have Can-do mindset
• Be Fluent in oral and written English
What we can offer to you?
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague)
• Unique career development in various industrial sectors in Prague and international Eaton locations
• Excellent working environment – yoga, table tennis on site, friendly team and much more
• Quiet location in the green, only 20 min from the Prague centre metro station
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully- Women are encouraged to apply!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.