Eaton Corporation Assistant Manager - NPD MV Products in Pondicherry, India
Be responsible for the Electrical design work , drawings and specifications.
Provide required level of technical support to Production, Sourcing, Quality, Sales and Service department
To coordinate and collaborate with project team to achieve project objective: cost, lead-time, quality
Generate Value Engineering ideas and execute the same
Support the product test work and the test result report
Create BOM, Production documents, standard operation procedures
Promote and obtain product standardization as well as design for product quality
Support localisation activities to improve cost position
Have a good working relationship with external lab authorities (CPRI, ERDA)
Execute all Type Testing activities and establishment of necessary test facilities
· Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus
· Technical knowledge of Medium Voltage Products and Equipment’s.
· Direct design, testing, Field technical support experience .
· Well versed in relevant IEC and IS standards pertain to MV switchgear
· Be familiar with manufacturing processes and aware of product quality control.
· At least 7-10 years in Medium Voltage Switchgear Industry
· Capacity to work in complex environment, and to support high challenges.
· Demonstrate strong team working spirit and effective communication.
· Initiative and strong sense of responsibility.
· Sufficient capability in communication with English.
· Proficient CAD skill, e.g., Solid works, AutoCAD.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.