Eaton Corporation Lead Power Electronics Engineer in Pleasanton, California
Eaton’s Electronics Business is hiring a Lead Power Electronics Engineer. The Lead Power Electronics Engineer will be based from our Pleasanton, CA facility.
Design and develop platform of passive component and system in power management circuits. Manage the development program aligning with worldwide commercial team and product development team to deliver new technology and system platform. Provide inputs as an electrical engineering expertise on overall projects led by R&D department and product development department.
· New technology development and new product design
· Design, testing, and validation of power electronics circuits
· Design, simulation, and validation of magnetic components and systems
· Prepare design document, BOM, drawings, etc.
· Building prototypes
· Contribute to company intellectual property through invention disclosures
· Technical product support and failure analysis
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in electronic/electrical product design. (Time working in Internships/Co-ops will be counted toward this requirement.)
· No Sponsorship-Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Bachelors in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Application Electronics
· Master’s Degree
· Familiar with power electronics topology
· Knowledge of electronic power circuitry and applications
· Nice to have of FEA modeling software (ANSYS, ComsoL)
· Experience of analysis software tools such as Mathcad or PSIM
· Experience w/ schematic and PCB design software such as Altium
· Experience with power magnetics
· Familiar with Solidworks
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ELXD Electronics Business
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.