Eaton Corporation OEM Customer Solution Engineer in Parma, Ohio
Eaton Electrical North American Sales (NAS) organization has an opening for a Customer Solution Engineer to be based out of the one of the following states; Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio or Missouri.
The Control System Engineer (CSE) is a consultative, technical sales professional responsible for supporting sales engineers, Channel partners and their OEM customers. A CSE must possess both strong technical and commercial skills and be experienced in successfully designing and programming automation components (PLCs, HMIs and low voltage drives) within various market segments and applications.
This position is responsible for working consultatively with OEM customers to assist in the design and specification of automation solutions and developing a ‘Proof of Concept’, for customer requirements. Solutions can include variable frequency drives, automation products, communication and programming. This position will also be responsible for providing technical product, training and application leadership for OEM customers, as well as technical mentoring for Eaton sales engineers, and channel partners.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will be working with our OEM sales team to meet sales objectives
You will be leading OEM conversion efforts of automation components including PLCs and variable frequency drives.
You will work closely with customers, either onsite or remotely, during prototype, testing and validation of our components and solutions to ensure a smooth technical transition to Eaton products.
You will be supporting and building technical expertise amongst the sales team
You will be providing input on our product offering and market position to the product lines and divisions
You will be conducting programing training for channel partners and OEM customers
You will be assisting in the development of channel technical expertise to effectively, support and sell Eaton components
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or computer engineering from an accredited institution
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in industrial communications and network integration applications including application engineering, sales engineering, systems integration, and/or technical support.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Must possess and maintain a valid unrestricted drivers license
• No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must curretnly reside within one of the following states to be considered; Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio or Missouri.
• Knowledge and experience applying the following codes and standards:
a. NFPA 70 (NEC / Electrical design)
b. IEC/CE control panel design
c. NFPA 79 (Machine standards)
d. NFPA 70E (Electrical safety)
e. UL 508A (Control panel design)
• Experience designing, programming and installing PLCs and variable frequency drives to industry electrical and safety standards. This includes the specification of communication network hardware and protocols (i.e. EtherNet/IP, , Modbus TCP/RTU, Profinet/Profibus) to be used by the controls system to communicate with automated machines and equipment.
• Able to perform technical review of system and machine electrical designs and work with customers consultatively applying Eaton solutions
• Able to travel and support sales team members to grow business
• Programming experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.