Eaton Corporation CNC Setup Machinist III - 3rd shift in North Charleston, South Carolina
Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeing a CNC Setup Machinist III- Sign on bonus included to join our team. This position is based in North Charleston, SC
The setup machinist will lead the transition/changeover between production runs on various CNC machines such as mills and lathes then operate select machines through the remainder of the production run while ensuring quality parts from the work cell. Sign on bonus included with this position is $3000. $1000 is paid out on the first paycheck and the remaining $2000 is paid out after 6 months of employment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will properly support and set tools in machine locations required for set-up
· You will perform part changeover including program retrieval and input
· You will effectively use pre-setter arm or tool setter and perform tool offsets
· You will establish work offsets (G54, G55, etc.) manually and utilizing probing technology
· You will change out all tooling and properly build tools
· You will have general understanding of CNC programs
· You will recognize, clear or eliminate machine alarms
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
• High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education
• Must have three (3) years’ experience setting up CNC lathes and/or mills
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
• Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
• Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
• Experience with CNC or conversational programming
• Experience operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders etc.)
• Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
• Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
• PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc...) with ability to learn other programs
• Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches including proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Must be able to perform basic shop math.
• Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.