Eaton Corporation Junior Accountant in Morges, Switzerland
The Junior Accountant supports the accounting and compliance requirements of the Eaton legal entities headquartered in Switzerland.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with Company financial policies, US GAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
The Junior Accountant meets reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings while ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial results.
This position also supports the Actuals, Forecasting, Profit Plan, Strategic Plan process.
The Junior Accountant will operate closely with various departments (tax, treasury, operations accounting, legal, SCM & others), the global financial accounting team, the International Shared Service Centers (ISSC), and the Operating divisions in the region. The function will act as a liaison between the accounting and reporting team located in Switzerland and the International Shared Service Centers in India and Hungary.
The candidate for this position must be self-organized and independent in the execution of daily tasks, he/she must partner effectively with team members and customers in remote locations. Willingness to take the initiative in the resolution of the problems, be a team-player, and ability to provide high analytical and systems solutions are key requirements for this position.
• Prepare and record journal entries for headquarter operations and other Swiss corporate ledgers
• Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
• Review the accuracy of monthly/quarterly/annual activity and report thereon
• Prepare cost/revenue analysis and communicate to different departments/functions
• Prepare and submit statistical reports
• Support the AP, AR, VAT reporting and intercompany recharge processes as necessary
• Support the statutory accounts, income tax preparation and assist with auditor/inspector requests
• Maintain metrics/reports to demonstrate effective process controls
• Ensure ethical standards are maintained
• Various other administrative and support tasks as assigned
Qualifications• Professional qualification/degree in accounting required;
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience;
• Experience in finance/ accounting within a multinational (manufacturing) environment;
• Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley and US-GAAP desirable;
• Knowledge of MS Office required (Oracle, SAP and/or Hyperion (or similar software) experience desirable;
• Good Excell skills and Powerpoint are a must;
• Ability to operate and deliver independently;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies;
• Demonstrable continued personal development in both technical and behavioral areas;
• Excellent working knowledge of the English and Local Country language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.