Eaton Corporation Sales Account Manager - Security (London/South) in Mitcheldean, United Kingdom
The primary responsibility of the role is to seek and gain specification of Eaton Security as preferred Manufacturer with specialist security installers and to work with consultants, contractors and end users to get Eaton Security equipment specified.
Secure sales of Security systems through our distribution partners and specialist Installers to the financial target set by the business through the creation of new, sustainable security installer business partnerships and strengthening relationships with existing SI business partners.
Collaboration and cooperation with the wider Eaton Electric Business Development, National and Regional Contractor sales team and all other internal stakeholders to maximize opportunities for all Eaton Electric product lines.
The essential functions of the role include:
• Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual sales and SI account growth and order bookings targets
• Develop and sustain long-term customer relationships with both new and existing security installer business partners and the wider security industry
• Create account plans for all customers providing regular reports on customer performance and activity
• Provide the primary customer interface for all Security products, services and solutions
• Facilitate resolution of any customer issues; serve as a central resource for communications with the customer; champion customer needs and requirements within the organisation
• Diligent stewardship of CRM software achieving +/- 10% accuracy in order forecasting
• Keep fully up to date with and communicate internally on regularly and effectively on market developments, new products, trends, opportunities etc.
• Develop and sustain strong relationships with all key internal and appropriate business stakeholders and functions
• Represent and promote the business in a professional and positive manner at all times
• Define, analyse, select and continuously improve the region’s customer base by:
• Knowing by customer who influences 80% of construction business in the territory.
• Continuously improving Eaton’s position, specifications and operating standards that affect business from opportunity and until a final conclusion is met in a form of a sale.
• Understanding major competitors’ tactics, organisation, distribution, strategy and pricing, and keeping management informed of trends and changes.
• Developing and maintaining a relationship with key business influencers within the customer base eg NSI and SSIAB Installers, buying Groups and major consultants and contractors, from MD/Partner/Director to the Associate/Senior Electrical Engineer, Project Manager/Engineer.
• Call on and develop business/social relationships with target Customers and Contractors at all levels throughout their organisation in order to gain and develop opportunities for specification and through to the order
• Co-ordinate and cross-fertilise with the relevant colleagues on all significant trends in product acceptance, new product markets and competitive activity. Keep management informed regarding market trends, market potential, customer acceptance, competitive conditions and operating problems.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and attributes:
• Results driven with absolute determination and motivation to achieve in sales. Highly organized, with attention to detail
• A network of contacts and relationships in the Security Industry, M&E Consultant, Main and M&E Contracting community within the defined geography
• The academic ability to successfully carry out the role with a broad understanding of sales processes and strategies
• Approachable and able to communicate at all levels in an effective and clear manner
• Commitment to excellence in customer service and satisfaction
Qualifications• Proven relevant sales experience with demonstrable evidence of success performing a similar role.
• Knowledge of Security industry relevant standards, EN50131 PD6662 BS8243, etc.
• Computer literate to intermediate/ advanced level in the Microsoft Office software suite
• Ideally degree qualified with an electrical engineering bias
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.