Eaton Corporation RF Engineer in Mitcheldean, United Kingdom
Eaton's Life Safety Division has an opening for:
RF Engineer at Mitcheldean, UK
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The successful candidate will be part of a world class R&D team in Mitcheldean engaged in the design and development of a range of products covering Eaton’s portfolio of Intrusion Systems. Working within a multi-disciplinary team, delivering an ambitious New Product Development roadmap, the candidate must be capable of adhering to strict deadlines, controlled costs, performance goals and conformance to regulatory standards.
The candidate will have a strong background in RF Design principles & Hardware Electronics Design; as well as a solid work history and understanding of general electronic design processes and tools. A sound understanding of the requirements of the Radio Equipment Directive is essential.The role also requires some project management expertise, leading RF-based projects. An appreciation of Intrusion Systems and the regulatory standards would be a significant advantage.
Your key deliverables :
· Acting as the Technical Authority for RF design, the successful candidate will need to be adaptable to lead multiple antenna and RF product developments. As the work will require contact with a variety of internal and external customers, excellent communication skills are needed
· Ownership of our EMC test facility (Maintenance, calibration)
· Sign off of competent persons using the lab facilities
· HW signoff over EMC compatibility of new and existing products
· A solid theoretical underpinning in Electromagnetic and circuit theory
· Antenna and RF design experience
· Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering or similar qualifications
· Experience of antenna measurement within anechoic chambers and open air ranges
· Familiarity with RF test and measurement equipment
· RF Simulation experience using Ansys or similar software applications
· PCB layout
· Strong experience of design for EMC compliance
· System level design, including concept development, requirements capture, development and verification within a defined budget and timescale
· Familiar with BOMs, component selection and cost reduction
· Demonstrated application of executing to timescales and working within and leading project managed processes
· The proven ability to multi-task on a number of projects
If you have these skills, then we want to hear about you! Please apply for the role on eaton-jobs.co.uk
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package (including generous pension and flexible working)
· Great promotional opportunities – we encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
· Learning & Development – we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
(Candidates applying for the vacancy will be subject of background checks and must be eligible to work in the UK)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.