Eaton Corporation Lead Systems Engineer-Electrification in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer – Electrification to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. This position can be located in Tualatin-OR, Southfield-MI, or Menomonee Falls-WI. The Systems Engineer –Electrification will identify critical to quality measures for the system, then orchestrate the design of subsystems and components by the way of requirements and requirement decomposition, such that the system achieves all critical to quality measures.
· You will determine considerations for system interaction with the environment (i.e. other systems within the context of use or manufacturing), system manufacture feasibility and system disposal.
· You will also manage the design of appropriate qualification tests that verify the system against the critical to quality measures.
· You will develop system requirements for a primary mover automotive inverter meeting ISO 26262 safety standard.
· You will develop test methods and processes for validating the system against requirements.
· You will use tools such as HARA, DFMEA, P-Diagrams and others to generate quality requirements for function and safety.
· You will collaborate with both hardware and software developers to achieve optimal requirements that balance cost, performance and time to market.
· You will work with customers to get feedback, system requirements and gain insight to technical problems that the system might be able to solve and add value.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3 years System Engineering Experience working with power electronics.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
· Relocation is not available. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Southfield, MI, Tualatin, OR or Menomonee Falls, WI sites.
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Master’s degree in Systems Engineering from an accredited university.
· Software development experience.
· Able to dissect a system into logical components by function and or feature.
· (Required) Able to identify critical interdependencies between systems and or components.
· Experience with ISO 26262 and/or ASPICE standards.
· Experience with Agile Development Processes.
· Mechanical/Electrical simulation or design experience.
· Experience with IBM Jazz Tools.
· Experience with AUTOSAR framework.
· Experience with Vector Tools such as CANape and CANalyzer
· Experience with MATLAB/Simulink tools.
· Knowledge of the “V” development process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.