Eaton Corporation Lead Sales Engineer - Utility Transmission and Distribution in Louisville, Tennessee
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division has an immediate opening for a Lead Sales Engineer. No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within the state of Kentucky or Tennessee to be considered.
The primary function of the Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s Utility Transmission and Distribution (T&D) products and services in the greater Tennessee area. Key responsibilities include managing the Electric Utility customer base & distribution channel, sales & market share growth, and providing application guidance and technical assistance. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, Consultants/Specifiers, Electric Utilities, and Eaton Authorized Distributors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to :
1) Regular customer facing sales calls promoting Eaton’s T&D Product and Service Portfolio to Electric Utilities, Channel Partners, and Consultants. 2) Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements; 3) manage quotations, provide market feedback, and develop & execute order closing strategies; 4) prepare & present product presentations to establish value and awareness; 4) build relationships with key customers & distributors to enhance long-term business prospects; 5) work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues; 6) canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing, delivery, and product requirements; 7) Utilize Factory and Field based Business Specialist & Application Engineers for coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions; 8) obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
The Sales Engineer will utilize tools and resources including Eaton’s Customer Service Center; C360 CRM System, Sales Reporting and Qlikview Sales and Orders tool, and Eaton’s C3 lead time and pricing tool. Apply technical knowledge for all assigned T&D products; comprehension of project specifications and drawings; ability to gain confidence of customers and become a trusted advisor.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry sales experience and/or minimum seven (7) years’ experience within the electrical industry
· Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
· Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within the state of Kentucky or Tennessee to be considered.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
· Experience selling to Electric Utilities
· Experience selling Utility T&D Electrical Products and Services
· Experience calling on Electric Cooperatives and Municipalities
· Experience working with Utility Distributors
· Knowledge & Understanding of Electric Transmission and Distribution systems
· Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
· Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
· Ability to provide technical solutions built around establishing value & customer needs
· Skilled in time management
· Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
· Experience with preparing & presenting sales proposals that meet customer expectations
· Robust presentation, training and communications skills
· Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.