Eaton Corporation Engineering Project Lead in Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Eaton's Electrical Division has an opening for a:
Engineering Project Lead
The primary function of this role is to lead and drive all engineering related tasks in assigned projects in accordance with Eaton's business system and project management tools. The overall goal is that engineering projects are completed on time, within budget and the desired quality requirements are met.
· Utilize Eaton's project management tools and processes and ensure that projects are compliant to internal procedures.
· Lead project teams and coordinate complete development project activities.
· Develop project targets, considering customer requirements and collaboration with key stakeholders.
· Understand and deliver technical, customer, standards and quality requirements.
· Ensure that requirements are contained within the scope of the project.
· Plan budget, effort and resources to meet project deadlines and monitor and report key metrics.
· Communicate and present project details and status to senior leaders as required through review meetings and critical stage gates of the project.
· Perform risk identification, management planning and mitigation along with lessons learned.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
· Master's degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic/Systems Engineering
· 5 years' experience in industry working with IEC standards, ideally of new product development and product improvement.
· 3 years' experience of project management, ideally across international locations.
· Special know-how of electromechanical design or equivalent
· Proven ability to learn development steps and dependencies within engineering
· Problem solving skills
· Willing and able to travel internationally
· Ability to speak German or Hungarian would be an advantage but not essential.
What Eaton Offers:
· Competitive Salary + Benefits
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.