Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer Product Mechanical in Juarez, Mexico
Develops Mechanical Engineering for Distribution Products, Control and Electrical Measurement of medium and low voltage using ANSI, NEMA, NEC USA and / or UL requirements for international requirements and Mexican Standards ANCE, NOM, CFE, PEMEX and other codes and regulations for Mexican local market
• Make engineering (including drawings or plans) of general assemblies for standard products and Special Products of Distribution, Control and / or Electrical Measurement Software using computer aided design Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Mechanical Desktop, etc.
• Analyze all of the information provided by the Products Engineer- Electrical and provide interpretation of the development of Mechanical Engineering of the product.
• Identify Opportunities to improve the design process thru standardization and systematization of the work processes.
• All activities to control the drawing of special orders and / or standard following the processes and procedures for the Engineering of the product.
• Collaborate with various departments by setting or changing methods, techniques or processes that help the continuous improvement of product quality.
• Supervise the work of the electromechanical drafters.
• Identifies the technical requirements which may require a project change order and brings this to a implementation .
• Provides technical support for the development of the change order ECO And ECR’s. Under the supervision of the Product Manager.
• Generates the project bill of materials to meet the customer specifications and Designs Guides.
• Provides the bill of materials ( metal Components) to the Purchasing department for timely acquisition. -
• provides information and collaborates with the mechanical design area such that the electrical design can proceed in accordance to schedule.
• With the Project Manager's assistance, develops and provides drafting with one-line diagrams, bill of materials, schematics, and wiring information to complete the project.
• Expeditiously resolves all technical issues with the customer, Manufacturing department, and Testing department to meet project schedule milestones.
• Conducts all technical communication with the customer in a timely and professional manner.
• Provides timely notification to the Engineering Manager of any deviation from the project schedule related to the engineering effort for the project or of any situation, conflict, or delay that has the potential of impacting the project completion.
• Conducts daily walk-throughs (startup Manufacturing Meetings) of assigned projects in the plant. Advises and resolves all issues encountered during these walk-throughs with the appropriate production area lead personnel.
• Coordinates provides timely nameplate lists and ID tags to assembly area. -Inspects, reviews test reports, and signs-off on the finished product.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electromechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited institution required.
• Minimum of 3 years prior Mechanical Engineering experience in electrical industry; or related product and manufacturing.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English-Spanish required.
• Deep Knowledge of Software Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
• Minimum of 5 years’ first-hand design or applications experience with Power Distribution Equipment.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a product development environment.
• Demonstrated strong skills on following competencies: Business Acumen; Conflict Management, Creativity; Timely Decision Making; Functional/Technical Skills; Integrity and Trust; Learning on the Fly; Motivating Others; Priority Setting; Problem Solving; Drive for Results; Written Communications; Customer Focus.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
• Process for New Product Launch preferable ProLaunch NPD and / or STP.
• Knowledge of Eaton products (Power Distribution) and their applications.
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited institution required.
• Expertise in operating and programming of PLC’s Eaton.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LAC PD Power Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.