Eaton Corporation Senior Firmware Engineer - Linux in Hadapsar Pune, India
Senior Embedded Engineer Firmware is responsible to understand product requirements, design and develop code ,module level and system level embedded software design/coding, validation using programming language C++ on Single Board Computer (SBC) with Linux OS. Provide technical solutions, follow defined processes & lead in product development & technology innovations. Additionally, assisting the technical lead for conceptualization, engineering and software specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, and functionality for Lighting Control products.
Engages in development, design and testing of platforms using programming language like C++ on Single Board Computer (SBC) with Linux OS
Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical Lighting products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design . Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
Participate in solution and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting of the applications
Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines
Ensures new products meet our customer’s needs:
Incorporates support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system
Protects intellectual property through patent disclosures
Supports our team of global field commissioning engineers with technical challenges
Searches for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science/Electronics from an accredited institution
• Relevant Experience of more than 7 years
• Experience in C++ Language programming for Linux based SBC
• Proficiency in C++11, STL and templates
• Experience with Boost or Poco libraries.
• Experience with GPIO, PWM, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, DALI, and Ethernet peripherals and protocols is desirable
• Experience with TDD, BDD, Gherkins, CppUnit experimentation is preferable
• Experience with python/php/java is good to have
• Experience with Altassian software like Confluence, JIRA and Bamboo is preferable
• Experience with Agile methodologies and scrum teams is preferable
• Experience with Linux single board computers is desirable
• Experience with revision control systems, preferably git is preferable
• Knowledge and familiarity with compliance to CMMI ML3 process and guidelines is preferable
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.