Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer in Hadapsar Pune, India
Requirement of this position is to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product and /or system testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the Corporate Research & Technology team and hydraulic product engineering functions together . The position requires to :
- Perform installation of mechanical setups: sound knowledge of Electric Driven Dyno Test Setups
- Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Electric Dyno test stand and complete test requests within acceptable time.
- Provide technical leadership in multiple Electric Dyno test equipment in Test Lab
- Provide the recommendations to product team on design improvement based on the test results.
- Should able to trouble shoot and update the test stand for any new test requirement or standard
- Standardization of test procedures in test lab and adhere to ISO standards
- Implement EBE processes (DMAIC / Lean) successfully in Lab. Improve productivity by standardization and continuous improvement
- Create SOP’s and processes / procedures for Individual test stands and implement in Lab
- Provide technical leadership to the test lab technician team and perform quality checks to ensure testing meets Eaton / Customer / International standards
- The essential function of this position will be understanding customer requirements and help set up flow for technicians on test engineering activities for product validation
- Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments.
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits.
Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
Implement and monitor FRACAS for the test lab.
Analyzing electro-mechanical assembly issues related to durability test stands is most preferred.
Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
Lead problem solving on any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer
Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
Graduate in Mechanical, Aerospace , Automotive engineering with 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience
Experience in running durability test equipment's with Electro-Mechanical drives
Good working knowledge of Automotive components and systems
Experience in assembly and tear down of Vehicle Powertrain components
Experience in trouble shooting and problem solving for test stand
Experience in development of Accelerated testing methods for Strength, Static and Fatigue testing
Safety & Quality Management Practices
Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.