Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer- Software Embedded in Hadapsar Pune, India
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Contribute to the software development efforts by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, enterprise grade software applications.
Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs
Mentor team members, assisting them in technical and process areas.
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Required: Bachelor’s or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
· Bachelor’s or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
· 6-10 years’ experience in embedded software development using C
· Experience with development on a RTOS
· Experience with full life cycle software development using standard software processes
· Ability to understand hardware schematics, data sheets, timing diagrams and write low-level device drivers
· 3-5 years’ experience in software development using Java , C/ C++, C#
· 3-5 years’ experience developing multi-threaded application systems in an Embedded Linux environment
· Working knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL.
· Experience with Object Oriented analysis and design.
· Experience with low level interfaces to hardware: DMA, SPI, I2C, UARTs, and serial flash device
· Knowledge and experience with the STM or other ARM-based microcontrollers
· Experience with real-time, interrupt driven modules written in C
· Experience with BSP and boot loader on Cortex-M3 based microcontroller boards
· Knowledge of basic concepts of RF wireless mesh communications.
· Working knowledge of network security including WPA2, AES encryption, TLS, and digital signatures.
· Experience in developing RF networking technologies including WiFi, Bluetooth/BLE, Cellular.
· Knowledge of OSI model. Design, implementation, and/or simulation based upon those communications system principles. Knowledge of link layer implementation.
· Working knowledge of Linux, Shell scripts and Perl
· Knowledge and experience with GNU Tool Chain
· Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Experience with test equipment, i.e. oscilloscope, logic analyzers
· Knowledge and experience with GNU Tool Chain, and/or IAR Embedded Workbench.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.