Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer - Cybersecurity in Hadapsar Pune, India
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will be part of a global team of security experts driving ‘Security by Design’ philosophy in Eaton product and solutions. He/she will be responsible for:
· Performing Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing on existing and upcoming Eaton products and solutions spanning a wide range of technologies including IoT devices and systems, web applications, mobile applications, thick clients, wireless devices, embedded systems across industries such as electrical, vehicle, hydraulics and aerospace
· Driving Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment exercise with product teams early in the design and development phase to identify applicable cybersecurity requirements
· Providing hands-on guidance to product teams as they implement complex cybersecurity features and requirements in their products
· Building tools and automation frameworks around security to achieve Eaton-scale impact
· Evangelizing and provide technical security trainings to software developers and test engineers across the organization and evangelizing the importance of cybersecurity in other functions like sales, services and product & project management.
· Monitoring evolving threat landscape, cybersecurity technologies, standards, frameworks and drive continuous improvement in Eaton’s cybersecurity requirements, frameworks and processes
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience in product cybersecurity
· Understanding and experience in working across multiple phases of Secure Product Development Lifecycle
· Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages
· Knowledge of attacks and mitigation in : Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection; Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks
· Experience working with vulnerability assessment and penetration tools/frameworks like Kali Linux, Nessus, IBM AppScan, BurpSuite, IDAPro
· Solid understanding of security protocols (HTTPS, HSTS, TLS, SSH, Kerberos, 802.11 security, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee) and how they can be applied to industrial automation protocols (IEC 61850, DNP3,ICCP, Modbus, WirelessHART, CAN)
· Industry certifications such as CEH, CESA, CISSP, CSSLP, CCSK desirable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.