Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer - Controls (Vehicle) in Hadapsar Pune, India
The Controls Engineer’s primary responsibility will be Production Level Controls development for EATON’s Vehicle Products like Automated Transmissions, Hybrid & Electric Vehicles, Vehicle Electrification. The position will be involved in many different aspects of the product life-cycle, ranging from product specification, requirements engineering, Design & Development, and validation. Successful candidates will possess the determination required to track down and solve hard to find vehicle level controls issues.
Applicant shall have experience in design, development of Embedded Production Controls for real time applications. Applicant shall have exposure of performing analytical design calculations, knowledge of system requirements and validation methods including HILS and vehicle testing. Candidate should have knowledge of vehicle market and technology trends. The candidate must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills. Preferred to have cross functional team working experience (namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, marketing and supply chain).
· Participates in the analysis and composition of Controls requirements with Global team and peers.
· Designs, develops and maintains Control modules for VG projects, transmission controls.
· Collaborates with global team to understand, document and clarify the technical requirements.
· Works closely with Software team members for Production Software development/integration.
· Performs software validation in MILS, HILS environment
· Prepares test plan and validating the Controls on HILS environment
· Works with Global teams to validate Production Level Controls on Vehicle.
· Provides task estimates for the feature portion of a project development plan
· Provides guidance and helps controls engineers from the team.
· Provides new ideas and concepts to the product design and development process
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years
EDUCATION: Required: Master’s Degree in Controls/Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Automotive Engineering with relevant Production Level Embedded Controls Development Experience
• Understanding of Embedded Coder and Code Generation process
• Understanding of Embedded Systems
• Experience working with CANape, CANalyzer, ClearCase, ClearQuest tools.
• Knowledge of MAAB Guidelines and J1939 standards.
• Knowledge of CMMI Process.
• Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills – experience working in International teams is highly recommended
• Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
• Knowledge of C/C++.
• Experience working with HILS environment like dSPACE, ETAS.
• Analytical Modeling of dynamical systems.
• Knowledge of Requirement management tools preferably DOORS, Rhapsody.
• Knowledge of Reliability for Embedded system Design.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.