Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer - Aerospace FMC in Hadapsar Pune, India
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure predictive execution for the product design & development of Aircraft – Hydraulics Power generation and controls products in order to meet design, manufacturability & assembly requirements. The person will independently lead Hydraulic Power Pack and other Hydraulic product design projects by working closely with all global stakeholders (for Jackson, MS , US)
Lead and execute Hydraulics Power generation and power control projects as per Aerospace industry standards and prevailing engineering practices for Aerospace.
• Deploy and drive predictable execution leveraging Six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS methodology and tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management ,Statistical Tolerance Stack-up analysis & DVPR for new product development & existing product improvements
• Leverage engineering analytical tools and calculators .Build prediction models for the product performance parameters & optimize the performance.
• Understand critical interactions between Mechanical and Electrical components (Hydraulic Power Packs, Hydraulic Pump, Hydraulic manifolds, reservoirs, Valves, Electrical Motor…etc.)
• Ensure right quality and on time delivery of drawings & engineering documents thru ENOVIA.
• Supports prototypes development and test the solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements and support product development till commercialization.
• Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments
• Perform quality checks to ensure design meets Eaton and customer standards / requirements
• Maintain and update current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies
• Be an active professional in continuous learning resulting enhancement in organizational objectives
• Contribute to Product Technology Roadmaps & come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introduce technical differentiators / value proposition and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
Desired: Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
Strong knowledge of Mechanical component design with 5-7 Yrs. of relevant experience
Proven capability to conceive new ideas and demonstrate viability through relevant engineering calculations.
Person must be proficient with Pro-E, should be able to review tolerance stack-up and engineering calculations as required supporting design integrity.
Knowledge of experimental test procedures and creating Engineering test plan documents.
Experience working with vendors/suppliers/testing.
Good understanding on systematic problem solving methods and tools.
Experience in PLM tools (ENOVIA)
Desired Skills :
Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals.
Demonstrated experience on of Design for Manufacturability & Assembly (DFMA).
Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience of interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organization.
Highly effective interpersonal skills.
Special Skills :
Experience of working with Aerospace (preferred) or Industrial Hydraulics systems, Pumps ,Valves, Manifolds Products & Standards
Pump and Impeller design knowledge
Analytical tools ( ex. MathCAD, MATLAB)
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time