Eaton Corporation Program Manager- I in Hadapsar Pune, India
Eaton India Innovation Centre: Most recently, we have established the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) in Pune, which is an integral part of Eaton’s global engineering and technology footprint. Eaton’s multi-disciplinary engineering talent with experience in cutting-edge technologies and varied domains deliver innovative solutions that accelerate our organic growth through technological innovations. Through proven technical excellence, EIIC continues to augment Eaton’s leadership in improving existing products and services and developing new offerings. EIIC operates through its two state-of-the-art campuses located at Kharadi and Magarpatta City in Pune. EIIC is focused on augmenting Eaton’s vision of “improving the quality of life and environment through the use of power management technologies and services”.
This position is responsible for the successful execution of New Products and VAVE/ Cost out Projects at EIIC . Lead the Integrated Product Team(s) to drive stakeholder satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing new Product development and cost out VA programs and business relationships.
· Manages the Lifecycle Financials of the New products and cost out -VAVE Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
· Provides periodic project updates (Project Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of the current situation relating to milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
· Plays a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
· Provides monthly project updates of the current situation relating to project milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule).
Controls efforts and expenditures within limitations of project budget responsibilities.
Works in a cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Product Engineering, Sourcing ,Manufacturing etc) and facilitates the phase gate processes.
· Monitors overall performance during all phases of the project and develops and implements corrective action.
· Work closely with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to ensure timely deliverables on project related issues.
· Leads the creation of the integrated project plans & schedules, project budget in partnership with the team and the organization. Manage, forecast, collect cost and report on project budget / schedule
· Sales generated from new business
· OTD and quality performance of Launches / milestones
· Project Budget and Product cost adherence
· Cost out targets
· Graduate/ Post Graduate with 6-8 years of experience, Bachelors in Mechanical/ Production engineering.
· Min 5 years of product development experience in Automotive industry preferably in transmissions, Engine components & product life cycle experience of these products or related experience
· Knowledge with Microsoft Business Software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project 2007)
· Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT).
· Developing to fully demonstrating in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
· Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (CAPM or PMP) highly recommended
· Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status
reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and global stakeholders
· Good knowledge of the Vehicle industry
· Program Execution - Develops and manages basic plans including a solid scope statement and a risk log with the team for low complexity programs. Ensures clear staffing needs are communicated. Generates a basic roles/responsibilities matrix for the team and leads regularly scheduled team meetings. Reviews other similar projects for lessons learned.
· Customer & Stakeholder Management - Seeks to understand the customer needs and considers the customer impact when planning and executing change. Establishes solid relationships with cross-functional management. Has a clear understanding of the specification/contract and drives baseline change management.
· Business, Financial & Industry Acumen - Understands the basic business case for the program and the importance of the program to the business. Constructs an accurate program budget that includes Non-Recurring (Development), Recurring (Product) and Capital costs that feed the financial model to clearly articulate the business case.
· Team Leadership in a Matrix Environment - Develops a team environment that encourages open team member input and engagement. Remains positive through challenging situations and effectively deals with team conflict. Has awareness of organizational change management principles and applies basic communication planning to projects. Recognizes strengths and development areas of team members and seeks support or takes action to improve performance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.