Eaton Corporation Manager-Engineering Hose & Tube in Hadapsar Pune, India
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
In 2003, Eaton Corporation, USA embarked on a journey to set up a best-in-class Innovation center in Pune – the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC). The center has completed its first phase of growth and has emerged as a major product engineering, design development center for Eaton’s global customers – primarily in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
EIIC – Aerospace group has opening for ‘Engineering Manager – Hose & Tube’ team. Person in this position will be responsible for leadership and management of engineering department within FED Aerospace group for the engineering team (8) and planning work, filling jobs, assigning work, developing, motivating, coaching of team members, measuring the work of others and driving quality management system & responsible for the quality of engineering deliverables related to Coupling and fitting range of products.Person will also be responsible for building organizational capabilities and capacity, strategy development, alignment, developing and deploying systems and processes aligned to strategy.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for Conveyance product Engineers and related CoE team at EIIC to develop innovative designs that meets all requirements for performance, reliability, safety, cost and manufacturability.
• Drive growth in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in mechanical design as well as adjacent technology areas
• Act as a technical mentor and expert tech reviewer. Review and approve design proposals based on requirements/statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers.
• Continuously develop and enhance the technical capabilities of the teams to provide best in class design in line with present and future business needs.
• Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide timely status and reports to stakeholders.
• Participate in the creation of technology road map based on Product/COE Strategy globally and deploy them within the group and build organization’s capability.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the value proposition and quality of the engineering deliverables.
• Manage and develop talent: identify, attract and develop key engineering talent for the organization.
• Drive employee survey action plans to attain high level of employee engagement & managerial effectiveness.
• Drive culture of innovation with focus on patent, disclosures and high-impact ideas.
• Develop six sigma initiatives within the group to improve quality, speed of execution
• Deploy organizational process in the team including engineering processes (DFMEA, DFSS, etc,) Eaton corporate process (PreLaunch, ProLaunch, ACES, APEX, EBE etc), and applicable governmental processes (ITAR, EAR), and patent related activities.
• Demonstrate Organizational agility in working within a matrix type organization structure
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering (or equivalent qualifications)
Demonstrated experience in leading technical engineering organization.
Minimum 8+ Years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization.
Should have demonstrated skills in:
-Effective communication skills
Leading & influencing others
Strategy development & deployment
Developing positive customer relations
Capability building for technical organizations
Continuous improvement methodologies
Interpersonal skills and leadership style
Mentoring and coaching people for performance and soft skills deveopment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.