Eaton Corporation Lead Engineer -Test Embedded/IoT in Hadapsar Pune, India
Eaton’s Connected Services and Solutions center accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected applications used to monitor interact and control equipment deployed at customers’ sites. The center uses a combination of business specific components and reusable platforms, processes, and services to develop, validate and deploy solutions. The Lead Engineer in Test will be a leader on the team working on IoT-based platforms and will play a key role in verifying and validating the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and devices. This role includes
A hands-on role across multiple Agile Development teams with a track record of shipping quality products.
Direct work on and against IoT platforms.
Frequent technical interactions with embedded teams to define interfaces, functionality and validation mechanisms
Debugging in a multi-platform deployment system.
Architecting and developing extensible Automated Test Frameworks to cover Functional, E2E, and Performance/Load/Scalability testing through Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI-CD).
Provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and mentorship to members of the Test Organization.
We are looking for candidates who are able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must. We want problem solvers who are excited about learning new technologies, coding scripts, and designing infrastructure in an automation-first environment. If you are not daunted by the challenge of architecting solutions in a multi-disciplinary, multi-national group, our team might be your next career step.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Work across multiple Agile Development teams working on IoT (Microsoft Azure) projects, providing leadership and mentorship to Software Engineers in Test across teams.
• Architect and implement robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites for Functional, E2E, and Performance/Load/Scalability/Stress testing within a CI-CD environment using Python, C++ or C#.
• Define metrics for the testing and validation process to communicate status of testing as well as coverage and robustness for a given project.
• Define strategies to verify Cybersecurity compliance and implement these in the CI-CD environments.
• Identify opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drive those from concept to implementation.
• Effective communication (oral and written) skills including problem solving, prioritizing, and interpersonal relationship building on across multiple multi-national teams.
• Effectively interacts with business and technical audiences, tailoring the communication to multiple levels of audiences to achieve desired results.
• Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
• Provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and mentorship to members of the Test Organization, notably through code reviews.
Expected to develop an understanding of Eaton’s Agile development process and integrate daily product development activities as necessary to work within its constraints.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from accredited institution.
Desired: Master’s degree from accredited institution
• 10+ years of experience in Software development & Test or Test tool development with proven track record of validating high quality products.
• 4+ years of Test/Development experience in Python, C++ or C#.
• 4+ years of experience automating tests for network-enabled communications protocols like ModBus, Ethernet, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, etc. including RESTful Web APIs, without the assistance of the end-user interface (UI).
• 4+ years of experience automating tests for IoT applications in the Azure ecosystem
• Worked on defining and implementing E2E automation frameworks for 2+ projects in a Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI-CD) environment utilizing Bamboo, Jenkins, Build-Bot, or similar tool.
• Extensive experience with JUnit, Pytest, TestNG, MSTest or similar build and unit testing frameworks.
• Experience developing software testing harness/tools for Linux environments and Windows applications; proficient in one or more Linux Shells as well as Windows Batch scripting.
• Experience in backend physical resource testing, notably memory, CPU load, and disk IO.
• Proficient in Object-Oriented Programming structures and Data Driven testing approaches.
• Knowledge of Computer Science Data Structures and basic Algorithms and how they pertain to storage, growth-rate (O-notation), etc.
• Proficient understanding of message queues and databases.
• Proficient understanding of Source Control software and Code Collaboration tools (Git, SVN, etc.); experience with Issue and Project Tracking software (JIRA, TFS, etc.).
• Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
• Experience utilizing Docker or other Container Technologies in a Test environment.
• Experience with Cloud/IoT technologies and platforms such as Microsoft Azure.
• Experience testing end-user protocols, such as MQTT, AMQP, or WebSocket.
• Experience with Big Data technologies, such as Apache Hadoop, HBASE, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.