Eaton Corporation Engineering Manager Center for Application Software in Hadapsar Pune, India
Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety.
Our Electrical Systems and Services Group (ESSG) has an opening for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about his or her craft. You will be responsible for the management of development teams and providing technical leadership to developers and testers working in support of the goals of ESSG.
If you’re an experienced technical leader yearning to drive projects that leverage the latest technologies and trends such as NoSQL, big data, open source, DevOps, microservices, mobile, IoT, and cybersecurity, this is the position for you! Not only will you be working with some amazing technology, you’ll also be part of an enthusiastic team of software professionals working to make an immediate organizational impact and having lots of fun along the way!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Oversee complex technical projects from concept, through specification development, implementation, test, and production support for new product development efforts
Oversee architecture and transition/migration of on-premise offerings to SaaS
Work closely with project managers, business stakeholders, user experience designers, architects, and test to define application requirements.
Develop project plans and allocate development resources for a commercial product development life cycle
Work with geographically dispersed and cross functional teams to facilitate work across the business unit
Adopt agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery principles to effectively deliver code in an automated fashion
Establish workflows and controls for monitoring key metrics associated with application development and related system processing performance
Mentor and coach to develop a high performing engineering team as a servant leader.
Possess and instill a passion in our team for learning and continuous improvement
Reduce tech debt and make improvements to existing systems Qualifications
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline
· 15+ years’ of prior management experience on varied software development projects, demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and people management
· 5+ years’ experience developing and proven experience leading teams in the delivery of mission critical, high business value products and services on time and with high quality
· Highly organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, keep projects on schedule, and ability to address quickly changing business requirements
· Proficient in gathering product and business requirements and translating those requirements into actionable development tasks and deliverables
· Experience leading teams in a fast paced Agile environment
· Proficient in leading teams using Scrum methodologies for product and service development
· Working knowledge of networking protocols and concepts (e.g. WebSockets, HTTP, TCP, MQTT, AMQP)
· Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
· Exceptional communications skills, verbally and in writing, are required
· Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline
· Experience with PaaS technology such as Azure or AWS
· Knowledge of security concepts such as encryption, certificates, and key management
· Experience with embedded software development
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.