Eaton Corporation Engineer in Hadapsar Pune, India
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform the verification and Validation of DO178B/C Design Assurance Level (DAL) B/C/D/E Products conforming to required standards and to customer specific requirements.
A. EIIC has opening in its Aerospace SWEC Verification & Validation group for Engineer (Software V&V).
Responsibilities of Engineer will be:
B. Responsible for activity planning, execution and closing of assigned activities.
C. Continuously manages the expectations of internal and external customers.
D. Develops schedule in order to effectively manage time.
E. Performs product design, testing, preparation of specification etc.
F. Identifies competencies and personnel needed to complete tasks.
G. Works with customers (Internal and external) to define acceptable quality levels based on recognized quality standards.
H. Ensure quality levels are met through tools such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) etc.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics Engineering
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics Engineering
• 3+ Years of experience in Embedded software Verification and Validation of 8/16/32 bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) based processors
• Experience in an Embedded Systems design, development, verification & validation activities.
• Experience in Software verification (Requirements, Design, Code reviews) and validation (Unit, Integration, System testing). At least one project with full software life cycle.
• Understanding with some Communication protocols – Serial RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Aerospace – Arinc429, Arinc825, CAN tools
• Technical documentation and Requirement management Knowledge and awareness of software life-cycle process and configuration management.
• Strong knowledge of embedded software development process (preferably DO-178B).
• Experience in White box, Black box, Integration Testing – Writing and executing test cases.
• Knowledge of Scripting languages – Jython, Python scripting.
• Hands on experience with Debuggers, Emulators or simulators.
• Solid knowledge of Embedded C (preferably MISRA-C).
• Experience with hardware / software integration
• Knowledge of software design methods
• Use of a problem reporting tool
• Good knowledge of software development with 16 Bit/ 32 Bit microcontrollers/DSPs.
• Good working experience of Matlab and Simulink.
• Experience in industries with safety-critical requirements, such as aerospace, medical devices
• Requirement management processes and tools: preferably DOORS, Requisite Pro
• Configuration Management processes and tools: ClearCase
• Process models and standards, DO-178B, CMMI
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.