Eaton Corporation Engineer – EMI/EMC Testing in Hadapsar Pune, India
Job Title: Engineer – EMI/EMC Testing #061168
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer – EMI/EMC Testing in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Test Lab based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Test Lab Validate products by performing EMI/EMC tests as per applicable IEC/ CISPR/FCC/MIL/ RTCA-DO Standards. Prepare test setup as per test plan and standard, perform the tests, monitor test results and generate a test report. Maintain lab equipment, manage & track test requests, implement and maintain 5S activities, support safety initiative, and participate in planning of lab and equipment upgrades
Your essential responsibilities:
· Read and analyze EMI/EMC test plan, testsetup drawings and prepare test setup.
· Verify test setup as per applicable IEC/CISPR/FCC/MIL/ RTCA-DO standards.
· Perform EMI/EMC tests viz. Radiated Emission, RadiatedImmunity, Conducted Emission, Conducted Immunity, ESD, Surge, EFT etc. as perapplicable IEC/ CISPR/FCC/MIL/ RTCA-DO standards
· Analyze & troubleshoot the test resultsusing appropriate engineering calculations, system level analysis tools &draw conclusions based on test results.
· Support capital equipment and road mapping process forthe test lab to identify equipment upgrades, capacity increases, and newtechnologies to be incorporated . Maintain inventory, order miscellaneousmaterials & other low value assets as per set-up/tests requirements.Monitor & provide quality performance trends
· Drive compliance to all the 5S & safetyrequirements as per Eaton MESH guidelines. Maintain clean orderly and safeworkplace
· Maintain and manage equipment calibrations for the laband coordinate with sub-contract companies, as needed, to complete requiredactivities.
· Collaborates with diverse cross-functionalteams at global level, demonstrates project management knowledge.
· Drives continuous improvement at work comingup with creative ideas of productivity / quality improvements
If you are:
Bachelors in Engineering (Electronics or Power Electronics)
4 6 years of Semi / Full Anechoic EMC chamber testing experience.
Sound knowledge of different EMC Standards like IEC, CISPR,FCC, MIL,ISO,RTCA-DO etc.
Hands on experience of performing different EMC tests e.g. Radiated emission, Radiated immunity, Conducted Emission, Conducted Immunity, ESD, Surge, BCI, EFT etc.
Maintenance experience of different EMC equipments like EMI Receiver, Antennas, filters, pre-amplifiers, Signal generator, field probe, RF amplifiers, LISN, etc.
Maintenance experience of different Semi / Full Anechoic EMC chamber components like Turn table, Antenna Mast, Chamber door etc.
Hands on experience of different chamber manufacturer software like TDK Emissions Lab and Radiated Immunity Lab, R&S EMC 32, ETS-Lindgren TILE etc
Hands on Experience in EMC testing of Hydraulics, Aerospace, Automotive, eMobility and Electrical products.
Knowledge on different anechoic chamber parameters like NSA, SVSWR, FU, shielding effectiveness etc. and relevant standards.
Understanding of product certification e.g. CE, CSA, UL, VDE etc.
Sound knowledge on EMC test safety
Design For Six Sigma / DMAIC
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.