Eaton Corporation Engineer – EMI/EMC Testing in Hadapsar Pune, India
Validate products by performing EMI/EMC tests as per applicable IEC/ CISPR/FCC/MIL/ RTCA-DO Standards. Prepare test setup as per test plan and standard, perform the tests, monitor test results and generate a test report. Maintain lab equipment, manage & track test requests, implement and maintain 5S activities, support safety initiative, and participate in planning of lab and equipment upgrades.
Read and analyze EMI/EMC test plan, test setup drawings and prepare test setup.
Verify test setup as per applicable IEC/ CISPR/FCC/MIL/ RTCA-DO standards.
Perform EMI/EMC tests viz. Radiated Emission, Radiated Immunity, Conducted Emission, Conducted Immunity, ESD, Surge, EFT etc. as per applicable IEC/ CISPR/FCC/MIL/ RTCA-DO standards.
Analyze & troubleshoot the test results using appropriate engineering calculations, system level analysis tools & draw conclusions based on test results.
Support capital equipment and road mapping process for the test lab to identify equipment upgrades, capacity increases, and new technologies to be incorporated . Maintain inventory, order miscellaneous materials & other low value assets as per set-up/tests requirements. Monitor & provide quality performance trends.
Drive compliance to all the 5S & safety requirements as per Eaton MESH guidelines. Maintain clean orderly and safe workplace.
Maintain and manage equipment calibrations for the lab and coordinate with sub-contract companies, as needed, to complete required activities.
Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams at global level, demonstrates project management knowledge.
Drives continuous improvement at work coming up with creative ideas of productivity / quality improvements.
Required: Bachelors in Engineering (Electronics or Power Electronics)
• 4 6 years of Semi / Full Anechoic EMC chamber testing experience.
• Sound knowledge of different EMC Standards like IEC, CISPR,FCC, MIL,ISO,RTCA-DO etc.
• Hands on experience of performing different EMC tests e.g. Radiated emission, Radiated immunity, Conducted Emission, Conducted Immunity, ESD, Surge, BCI, EFT etc.
• Maintenance experience of different EMC equipments like EMI Receiver, Antennas, filters, pre-amplifiers, Signal generator, field probe, RF amplifiers, LISN, etc.
• Maintenance experience of different Semi / Full Anechoic EMC chamber components like Turn table, Antenna Mast, Chamber door etc.
• Hands on experience of different chamber manufacturer software like TDK Emissions Lab and Radiated Immunity Lab, R&S EMC 32, ETS-Lindgren TILE etc.
• Hands on Experience in EMC testing of Hydraulics, Aerospace, Automotive, eMobility and Electrical products.
• Knowledge on different anechoic chamber parameters like NSA, SVSWR, FU, shielding effectiveness etc. and relevant standards.
• Understanding of product certification e.g. CE, CSA, UL, VDE etc.
• Sound knowledge on EMC test safety
• Design For Six Sigma / DMAIC
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.