Eaton Corporation Lead Manufacturing Engineer in Greenwood, South Carolina
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking a talented Lead Manufacturing Engineer for the Greenwood, SC facility.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer will focus on driving operational excellence through process improvements and factory automation. Responsibilities will include day to day support of the manufacturing team as well as longer-term strategic planning and project management. Will be called upon to research and identify potential process and automation improvements and to prioritize department opportunities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· Drive factory automation through the development of design specifications, programs, simulations and test processes. Provide start-up assistance for automation and control systems design in a manufacturing environment.
· Develop or purchase manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and tooling.
· Create and Improve manufacturing documentation, including operator method sheets (work instructions), standard work, and other instruction.
· Employ Value Stream Maps to evaluate process current state and plan/execute future state.
· Identify, design, justify, quote and Implement Cost Reduction projects in line with change management process.
· Utilize lean tools, kaizen, and six sigma - train the production team. Champions CI / OPEX focused initiatives.
· Participate with multi-functional product development teams to ensure manufacturability of new designs through the ProLaunch process and Preventative Maintenance Optimization process.
· Evaluates equipment downtime to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs; applies technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop equipment, fixturing, procedures, processes, tooling and/or automation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited university.
· Minimum 5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
· Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics from an accredited university.
· Proven experience in PLC logic and programming with PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, C(+) programming and configuration of software packages.
· Technical understanding and proven experience with Lean Manufacturing Systems and Six Sigma methodology.
· Knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes including assembly and pull systems.
· Demonstrated project management experience.
· Experience with MRP systems, MS Office including Visio, and AutoCAD.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.