Eaton Corporation Ergonomics/OpEx Technician in Greenwood, South Carolina
Eaton located in Greenwood, SC has an opening for a Ergonomics/Operational Technician.
Leads plant Ergonomics Team, manages deployment of ergonomic initiatives, and acts as ergonomics category champion. Plans and performs a variety of lean manufacturing / manufacturing engineering activities for the entire facility.
· Complete ergonomic risk assessments and prioritize areas of improvement as risk assessments are completed
· Drive improvement actions based on observations and assessments
· Lead plant Ergonomics Team and provide coaching/training for team members to utilize tools and develop their problem solving skills
· Justify and prepare documentation for capital expenditures in "Safety/Ergo" capital bucket
· Drive employee involvement and improvements to standardized work
· Must have excellent verbal and customer relationship skills as a large part of this job will be working with and leading others without having any direct authority over them.
· Assist Manufacturing Engineers in the development of prototype equipment, manufacturing process, structural maintenance and equipment relocation/installation through the use of LEAN concepts. This may include physically preparing the facility for these activities.
· Working knowledge of computer systems including but not limited to: Auto-CAD, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Enovia, OMS, Vista etc.
· Physical capability of walking up and down stairs and ladders, working on your feet for hours at a time, moving around equipment and buildings, and lifting up to 50lbs.
· Work with very little supervision to improve the workflow for the department(s) that you have been assigned to in such a manner that minimizes machines down time. Repair or have reconstructed all dies and or fixtures with or without the use of drawings. Outsource tooling repairs as required.
· Assist other personnel with troubleshooting functions to determine most efficient method for repair of production lines, tools, fixtures and dies or resolution systems issues.
· Develop and implement improvements to manufacturing or front end procedures and processes through improved layout, material handling, or work processes and procedures.
· Develop and implement safety, health, ergonomic, and environmental improvements within the manufacturing facility.
· Self-Motivated/Directed individual with well demonstrated written and verbal skills, along with great organizational and teaming abilities.
· Performs 5S, 8 Wastes walk/elimination, visual management with shop floor employees in their respective areas. Be able to develop process checks and deviation tracking methodology.
· Responsible for administrative activities and execution of the 5S Program and audit/evaluation.
· Plans and/or fabricates and assembles and labels shadow boards, tapes FIFO floor markings, and utilizes other visual management tools and equipment.
· Ability to work with TL, Associates, maintenance and Engineering technicians to fabricate workbenches, racks, carts, material handling, visual display boards and etc.
· Ability to work in a team environment with diverse personnel in all departments and shifts as needed and able to lead a team for kaizen burst events.
· Ability to perform a variety of lean manufacturing activities for the entire facility. including but not limited to: 5S, Employee Suggestion Program, 8 Waste elimination (Value add and non-Value add) , Standard Work activities, Process Flow Diagrams, Value Stream Mapping, SMED, Rapid improvement events with Kaizen events focused towards EBS, EBS and CIF
· Ability to read and understand facility layouts and construction drawings and capable of interacting with and supervising ATS or outside contractors in the maintenance, upkeep and improvements of Greenwood’s building and grounds.
· Two associate’s degree in an engineering or health sciences discipline.
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
· Previous experience with ergonomic assessments
· Associate’s degree in Electrical, mechanical or Industrial engineering preferred
· Working knowledge of NIOSH lifting assessments/calculators
· EBS/EBS Training, Six-Sigma Green Belt: 5S, 5S Auditor, 8 Wastes, Value Stream Mapping and SMED, VSM, PDCA Problem solving, Six sigma lean tools,
· Knowledge of MS Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
· Knowledge of AutoCAD
· Additional knowledge and/or experience leading projects, conducting analysis for root cause identification, and understanding how to identify problems and reach resolutions is beneficial.
· Some travel may be required for project work or training, including overnight stays.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.