Eaton Corporation Commercial Operations Leader in Glendale Heights, Illinois
Eaton’s Satellite Assembly Facility is currently seeking a Commercial Operations Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Glendale Heights, IL facility.
The Commercial Operations Leader will work with the Business Operations Manager to develop, plan, organize, and implement assembly and training activities in conjunction with the sales team in order to achieve and exceed sales volume and objectives. The Commercial Operations Leader is also responsible for extensive customer interfacing, supply chain, EHS, and continuous improvement activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will support Sales/ Distributors with details of specific product line questions including Bid-Manager related questions and drawings on an as needed basis.
· You will perform pricing and quoting activity for customers.
· You will function as an additional resource by conducting sales call/training for field sales, distributor partners, local contractors, consultants, and end users in order to promote CDCA services and products.
· You will coordinate manufacturing schedules and priorities within the production plan to satisfy customer requirements.
· You will direct plant quality efforts in the implementation of inspection procedures, work instructions, safety, orientation/training for new/existing employees, etc.
· You will assist in the implementation of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and related tools, including, but not limited to 5S, Lean, MESH, etc. Function as the primary safety officer for the plant, ensuring compliance with OSHA and MESH regulations. Includes establishing committee teams to ensure all associates participate and provide true value.
· You will coordinate with other functions including supply chain, quality, engineering, and production in order to achieve desired outcomes and on time delivery commitments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing/Operations, or a combination of these functions.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution.
· Experience leading/supervising teams.
· Lean/Six Sigma certification.
· Strong interpersonal skills used for review, motivation, development and reinforcement of standards and polices for direct reports.
· Ability to think strategically and make critical choices in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
· Strong Business/Sales acumen to support the overall operation including customer, engineering, sales and manufacturing interactions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.