Eaton Corporation Supply Chain Manager (m/f) in Gilching, Germany
Eaton's Aerospace Division has an opening for a:
Supply Chain Manager (m/f)
Location: Gilching, Germany
Eaton is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace. Eaton designs, manufactures and integrates the industry’s most advanced products and technologies for: Hydraulic Systems, Fuel and Inerting Systems, Motion Control and Engine Solutions.
• Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
• Implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
• Conducts and manages plant strategic purchasing activities.
• Negotiates supplier long term agreements in coordination with contracts management.
• Develops supplier performance in co-ordination with quality assurance.
• Presents sourcing initiatives and alternatives for new projects.
• Achieves inventory levels and inventory accuracy according to plan.
• Controls material price variances and total material costs.
• Develops cost outs initiatives and achieves saving targets.
• Reports relevant measures to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
• Ensure project compliance to all government and commercial contracting laws and regulations as applicable.
• Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
• Ensures correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
• Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
• Ensures quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer audit requirements
• Devises and manages physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
• Coordinates with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
• Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering (Wi-Ing.), specializing in Materials Management/ Supply Chain Management / Purchasing
• Multiple years of related professional and supervisory/Managerial experience
• Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
• Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
• Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
• Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• Supplier development experience
• Negotiation and contracting skills
• Demonstrated track record in supply chain or purchasing
• Solid MS-office knowledge
• Basic technical/ mechanical understanding
• Fluency in German and English
• CPIM certificate is an advantage but not mandatory
What Eaton offers:
• Permanent contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.