Eaton Corporation HAC Service Engineer in Genoa, Italy
Eaton's Electrical Sector division has an opening for a:
Location: Italy or United Kingdom
Eaton's Hazardous Area Communications is a global technology partner for product, solutions and services engineered for the most harsh and hazardous environments.
HAC employs more than 800 people in different countries: Norway, England (Nottingham area), Germany, China, Singapore and in Italy (Genova).
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Service Engineer, than can be located in Italy (Genova) or United Kingdom taking ownership of the project throughout site installation, commissioning and client handover of communications systems in Marine and Oil & Gas applications.
This is a varied and exciting role for the candidate who thrives on exceptional customer service, satisfaction and enjoys working in remote locations around the world.
The position is within the Service Team reporting to the Service Manager and working together with Project Engineering Team and Product Development Department.
· Professional and immediate resolution or address of all technical queries, client variations and installation, issues whilst on site.
· Ensure full handover from internal projects team to facilitate smooth and efficient completion of site works.
· Management of Eaton site documentation, (work packs, start up plans, timesheets, test procedures, quality documentation, snag lists, rectification reports).
· Provide commissioning expertise back in to the manufacturing location.
· Provide mark up and handover of site “as built / installed” documents back to projects team.
· 1st line technical support for installed systems.
· Attend and contribute site service kick off and wash up meetings.
· Demonstrable experience in site commissioning and service activities.
· Prior experience working in an offshore and marine environment.
· Prior telecoms commissioning experience: PAGA, PABX, CCTV, TV System, Computer Networks exposure is essential.
· Ability to travel globally at short notice and spend extended periods of time in different locations.
· Proven experience on IP technology and applications.
· Good knowledge of analogue and digital communication systems.
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company.
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible.
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.