Eaton Corporation Senior Buyer in Fayetteville, North Carolina
Eaton’s Electronics division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC location.
Purchase materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality, and service. Plan material flow to insure minimum investment at high levels of customer service. Also give guidance to lower level purchasing personnel.
· Develop and oversee the implementation of purchasing strategies for major
· Develop plans to obtain division cost improvement objective.
· Develop plans to optimize inventory investment.
· Manager Suppliers to attain material requirements with production schedules and customer requirements.
· Recommend changes in methods, materials or systems as technology changes.
· Recommend changes in inventory levels based on trends and changes in product mix.
· Develop quality sources of materials and services to support plant productivity.
· Develop new and existing vendors to rationalize the supply base that have technical capabilities that align with our strategic initiatives.
· Drive improvement for On Time Performance from internal and external vendors.
· Negotiate with vendors to obtain the maximum value in terms of price, quality and service.
· Partner with Engineering during new product design by quoting material cost and other related activities.
· Manage Supplier Quality initiatives and actively support any tactical and strategic objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution
• Three years of experience in manufacturing operations
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now and in the future
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, business, accounting or engineering from an accredited educational institution preferred
· Five years of experience in manufacturing operations
· Previous experience in purchasing/materials or related function.
· Structured negotiation experience including contract negotiation
Position Success Criteria:
· The incumbent must possess effective communication skills
· The incumbent must be cognizant and follow safety and environmental procedures when interacting with suppliers
· High level of integrity
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as SAP
· Able to work well with people across multiple functions and communicate/present to senior level managers
· Working knowledge of Business, Accounting principals, Inventory Control, Economics, Transportation and Business Law Negotiating skills on purchases and the ability of persuading vendors.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.