Eaton Corporation Human Resources Manager in El Paso, Texas
As an integral part of the site leadership team this role will identify, develop and deploy business driven HR strategies designed to attract, manage, develop, motivate and retain key people while creating a high performance, sustainable organization capable of achieving the business objectives and action plans.
• Culture and Organization Effectiveness: Understand the business strategy and identify opportunities to improve organizational capability and drive culture change to align the organization with the strategy. Must have the ability to diagnose gaps between current and desired organization performance and deploy actions to resolve gap, including organization redesign, process change, coaching and training. Ensure organization practices align with Eaton Philosophy.
• Performance Management: Through the performance management system assure that annual employee job performance assessments are conducted. This includes the annual goal setting process, the annual assessment process and periodic feedback sessions that strive to raise the performance bar in the organization. Provide coaching and consulting to business leaders on effective performance management intervention.
Employee Communications: Advocate employee communications processes that inform employees as well as to assure two way communications between employees and management.
• Coaching, Consulting and facilitating: Provide guidance and direction to business leaders on human resource management policies, processes and systems.
• Training and Development: Manage these processes to facilitate employee development
• Legal Compliance: Assure that the business has in place processes that comply with country legal requirements in the areas of employment and employment administration
•Compensation: Administer compensation programs to assure competitive pay practices through systems that strive to reward superior employee performance
• Employee & Labor Relations: Promote positive employee relations and employee engagement.
• Talent Management and Retention: Develop talent acquisition plans that anticipate short/long term business needs. Coach others on how to engage and retain key talent, identify when there is a retention risk and differentiate between wanted and unwanted turnover any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Minimum 7 years of progressive Human Resources professional experience
• Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate and align policies and practices to the Eaton Philosophy & Values and Code of Ethics
• Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels in a highly matrixed environment
• Demonstrate discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possess good business judgment
• General knowledge of employment laws and ability to apply legal concepts to real world situations
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience.
• Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations
• Advanced degree preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.