Eaton Corporation Senior Hardware Engineer in Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Eaton's Life Safety Division has an opening for
Senior Hardware Engineer at Cwmbran, UK
Senior Hardware engineer to support best practices in all aspects of hardware design (analogue, digital PCB design). Working closely with software and mechanical teams to ensure that design is fit for purpose. Senior Hardware Engineer will be expected to have a good understanding of electronics hardware as well as modern manufacturing techniques for high volume electronics manufacture. An appreciation of full design life cycles from cradle to grave is essential. Experience in requirement capture and system level design is essential. Senior Hardware Engineer would be expected to drive best practice design on new designs, investigate new technologies for future products and lead support activities for current production products such as field returns and component obsolescence.
• Analogue hardware design (Discrete transistor level, op-amps, comparators etc.) (Essential)
• Digital design (Flash memories, microprocessor integration and specification) (Essential)
• Power supply design/understanding (Desirable)
• Design Documentation base on a V-Cycle Development process (requirement capture, design architecture, WCCA, dFMEA, Test planning and product sign-off) (Essential)
• Design for EMC compliance and understanding of current standards (Essential)
Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of high volume manufacturing techniques to enable low cost manufacture of products. (Essential)
• Software appreciation (Software design constraints, hardware/software boundary specification) (Essential)
• Mechanical appreciation (Mechanical constraints of electronics design such as thermal, EMC, shock/vibration etc.) (Desirable)
• Analogue electronics – low cost and low power design
• Digital electronics
• Knowledge of Fire systems and safety critical design (preferred but not essential)
Candidate would be expected to travel between sites as required to work closely with other engineering managers and/or engineers to deliver projects (10% travel to other sites and external test houses to support certification)
What Eaton offers:
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.