Eaton Corporation Electronics Manufacturing Engineer in Cwmbran, United Kingdom
In this role you will support the department by ensuring that the SMT production line is running efficiently and the company is operating within its health and safety guidelines. Additionally, you will be responsible for reporting quality issues, line efficiency, waste reduction and driving performance through working proficiently.
· Programming of the paste, pick and place, reflow, wave and AOI machines
· Work with the SMT team to run prototype runs. Ensure process optimisation for new product introduction
· SMT setup optimisation
· Analyse performance and liaise with Quality to investigate trends. Process control and variation reduction within processes
· Responsible for continuous improvement to ensure safe and positive work environment, streamline processes, reduce waste, enhance quality and productivity
· Creation and control of production machine programs, processes and manufacturing documentation
· Assist production in troubleshooting manufacturing operations
· Support cost-down / efficiency improvement projects to improve profitability and OEE performance
· Work measurements and STD Time Summary generation
· Adopting and deploying EATON LEAN systems using the prescribed ELSS tools such as set-up reduction, error proofing and SPC
· Lead projects and track individual line items to ensure successful completion of deliverables
· Work with NPI team to drive the transfer of new products and capable processes to production
· Experience in a contract electronic manufacturer or end user electronic manufacturing facility with a broad understanding of electronic components, packages and PCB assembly methods including SMT & PTH
· Experience of PCB’s and surface mount technology
· Knowledge of manufacturing concepts and understanding of electronics
· Good communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced, accountable team environment
· Hands-on approach to all tasks
· Good time management skills and communication skills
· Recognised Manufacturing qualification would be an advantage
· Experience of using ERP systems and databases
· Experience using SMT equipment & wave soldering equipment
· Previous experience in a similar role desirable
· Hands on test and assembly experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.