Eaton Corporation Tax Analyst in Budapest, Hungary
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for a:
Location: Budapest, Hungary
The Tax Analyst will support the Manager, International Tax Strategy located in Schrems, Austria. The position's dynamic responsibilities will include all aspects of international tax strategy including but not limited to assistance with planning projects as they arise, gathering and analyzing information to support tax positions, partnering with Eaton's business operations, participating in cross-functional projects, and tax audit support. This role will support Germany, Austria, Eastern Europe, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Portugal as necessary.
· Analyze tax laws in relevant countries to identify tax risks and opportunities, including the monitoring tax law changes in today's ever-changing environment
· Assist with the preparation of memoranda, spreadsheets, and presentations for discussions of strategic tax projects with management
· Assist with gathering information to provide to outside providers when necessary
· Assist in gathering, analyzing, and reviewing information for local tax compliance needs
· Assist with the analysis of Merger and Acquisition projects and Legal Entity Simplification efforts as necessary
· Communicate with Eaton's business operations to understand their business and drive value for Eaton Tax
· Participate in cross-functional meetings to support the Manager, International Tax Strategy
· Assisting the Manager, International Tax Strategy in gathering information for and drafting responses to tax authorities' queries upon audit
· Maintain a detailed task list to ensure all projects are completed timely and with the highest quality standards
Bachelor's or preferably Master's degree in Finance, or currently seeking an advanced degree in the same area
2-5 years experience
Excellent English language knowledge (German language is an advantage)
Working knowledge of corporate income taxation, strong familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Ability to work with others in a team environment
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
émence suitable bullet points:
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.