Eaton Corporation Senior Planner - Maintenance in Beltsville, Maryland
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD location.
This position will support & lead key material replenishment improvement initiatives for maintenance work for the site. They serve as the lead liaison between the maintenance team and the site to communicate internal and external demand and supply misalignments. They will lead the creation, communication and coordination of an achievable production schedule based on demand, capacity & material availability.
Determines and maintains the appropriate Master Schedule/Forecasting parameters for the maintenance department.
Ensures schedules are level loaded and that plant output is not hindered while customer service levels are maximized.
Ensures MRP planning parameters are aligned to Eaton Policies and the production areas.
Serves as a back-up for the Maintenance Manager.
Ensures timeliness of preventative maintenance schedule. Monitors the number of work orders outstanding and the capacity load on key operations.
Generate information on scheduled demand items for use in Sales, Inventory, and Operational Planning (SIOP) process.
Ensures the balance of demand and capacity in cells. Determines Kanban container quantities and bin sizes for lean work areas.
Act as liaison between maintenance team and the plant to ensure customer information is provided timely.
Perform order confirmation of discrete sales orders within lead time to ensure capacity and material availability.
Develop capacity modules to ensure proper amount of work is scheduled.
Reviews new sales order requests and provides a feasible promise dates to customer service before the orders are promised.
Champions and leads assigned aerospace-wide SCM initiatives for the site.
Attend and support daily tier meeting structure and manufacturing floor activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in material management, industrial engineering, finance or supply chain management.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.”
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· Degree in materials management from an accredited institution.
· Three (3) or more years of experience material management, industrial engineering, finance, or supply chain management a plus.
· Application experience in Lean Concepts and APICS Certification.
· Previous working experience in a manufacturing environment. Strong understanding of manufacturing processes as well as special processes.
· Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
· Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving.
· Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.