Eaton Corporation Quality Manager Bedhampton in Bedhampton, United Kingdom
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Bedhampton site reporting to the Plant Manager
Your key deliverables:
This position is responsible for leading the execution and deployment of the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership. Provides Total Quality Leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells.
Leads continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Manages the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements
· Manages Quality customer interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination
· Ensures quality organization support to Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements
· Leads the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing quality leadership and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services
· Participates in, and may lead, the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes
· Analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
· Develops and implements a Quality structure capable of supporting strategic business plans and initiatives
· Designs and implements quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
· Ensures functional participation in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
· Leads improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
· Ensures development, implementation, and audit of complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
· Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
· Coordinates with plant leadership to prepare consolidated plant, customer, and product status information and action plans
· Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
· Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of Eaton’s corporate Supplier Quality Assurance requirements
· Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology
· Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e., ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100 etc).
· Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
· Thorough knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
· Detailed knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface)
· Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties
· Thorough understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets
· Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
· Multiple years of related professional and Supervisory/Managerial experience
What Eaton offers?
· Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
· Contract in fast growing global com;lpany
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.