Eaton Corporation Apprentice Field Product Marketing Manager in Aylesbury, United Kingdom
As well as offering the opportunity to complete an apprenticeship as a Post-Graduate Engineer, the field product marketing manager role is responsible for growth & promotion of a portfolio of power distribution products through Eaton’s UK sales organization. The individual will spend 30-40% of their time in portfolio management – competitive analysis, product/market fit/gap analysis, promotion & channel management. They will spend 60-70% of their time creating demand in Eaton’s channels by coordinating or delivering training to sales teams & customers, supporting specific bid opportunities. The candidate will be responsible for the price management of the product range and also manage new product introduction and old product phase-out across the UK market.
The individual should ideally have experience in both sales, marketing and/or product management with an electrical background and will have a strong understanding of the regulatory & compliance standards in the UK.
This is an opportunity to be part of a relatively new and growing marketing organization focused on transitioning to a modern marketing organization with key focus on building brand equity & market share through digital marketing, public relations, public affairs, significantly improved customer-facing time and leveraging an improving thought leadership position to address core market pain points. Eaton’s market share is relatively low but the growth trajectory is very positive and as a result there are many career advancement opportunities as we expand – either through the UK marketing team or into the wider EMEA marketing organization, also based in the Slough office.
The essential functions of the role include:
• Technical expertise in power distribution products (LV, MV, Circuit Protection)
• Competitive analysis of supported product ranges leading to specific action plans or insight to sales teams to target specific customers and/or markets
• Continuous management of product range pricing including analysis of positions, RPI impact/feasibility through product lifecycle
• Market gap & product fit (including pricing) analysis
• Launch new products into the UK markets, and handle phase-out of expiring products
• Provide intimate VoC and regulatory insight to Business Units to support new product development
• Delivering technical training sessions to sales teams & channel partners
• Support specific projects or negotiations with sales organizations to improve win-rate
• Support the sales organization in preparation for (and attendance of) customer & channel events (key-note speeches, presentations & technical product support)
• Use intimate understanding of customers, their markets, buying habits and pain points to help shape Eaton’s selling strategy, as well as customer & project selection
• Support central & local marketing teams in content creation & deployment (adjusting for tone and local needs)
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and attributes:
• Strong technical aptitude
• Ability to work with both commercial and tactical issues simultaneously
• Able to gain close but ethical proximity to our customers, gaining key VOC information
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and problem solve in a complex environment
• Self-motivated, accepts ownership for results, takes initiative
• Project management skills + excellent communication skills with ability to work in a matrix environment
• Ability to communicate, present and negotiate at all levels in and outside the organization; professional presence
• Proficient in PowerPoint and other key presentation software
• Interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to coordinate / manage people w/o reporting relationships
• Electrical or electronic bachelor’s degree
• Specialised knowledge of LV, MV power distribution
• 12-18 months product Marketing experience or business related experience including product portfolio & price management
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Willing and able to talk in public events, deliver technical training & supporting sales bids
• Highly motivated self-starter, able to work in a matrix organization and build support/influence networks
• UK travel up to 50%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.